Listed here is the June 2010 Version update notes as posted on PlayOnline.com.
This version update contains the game data for the battle add-on "Vision of Abyssea." After downloading the update and purchasing a registration code, this content will become playable.
- Players must have installed and registered a content ID for the "Rise of the Zilart" and "Wings of the Goddess" expansions in order to access the "Vision of Abyssea" content.
- After purchasing a registration code, a period of time may be required before the in-game content becomes accessible.
- If the "Vision of Abyssea" logo remains faded even after purchase, please exit to the PlayOnline FINAL FANTASY XI main page, wait a few minutes, then return to the game title screen and examine the logo again.
New quests, based primarily in areas introduced since the Wings of the Goddess expansion, have been added.
The following additions and revisions have been made to Trial of the Magians.
- Several new trials have been added.
- The "Magian Spectacles" item has been added and is available for purchase from the Magian Moogle.
- Using this item will summon forth the "Trial Log", which players may examine to review their trial progress.
- Quotas for certain trials have been reduced.
- The reduced quotas will be reflected even for trials already in progress.
The following changes have been made to Moblin Maze Mongers:
- A new Maze Voucher has been added: Maze Voucher 09: MMM Revitalization Team
- Mazes created with the new Revitalization Team voucher will pit players against powerful notorious monsters, with the goal of dealing as much damage as possible within the fifteen-minute time limit. Even if unsuccessful in slaying their foe, players will be eligible for rewards based upon its remaining hit points. Upon creating your first Revitalization Team maze, the maze master Sadistiq will present you with the "MMM Members' Card" item. Trade this item to Sadistiq after each battle and he will record your best scores, allowing you to unlock more foes as your rank increases.
- The time restriction for ordering a maze is now 24 hours (Earth time) since you last placed an order (Previously, the counter would reset each day, whether or not 24 hours had passed).
The new area "Walk of Echoes" has been added.
- Entering the Walk of Echoes: Players may warp to the Walk of Echoes by examining the Veridical Conflux located in Xarcabard  while in possession of the "Kupofried's Medallion" key item. The key item may be purchased by examining the same conflux and speaking with the moogle Kupofried.
- To enjoy the battle content offered in the Walk of Echoes, players must be level 70 or above and have progressed to the "Cait Sith" mission of the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
- Walk of Echoes Battlefields: Upon arrival at the Walk of Echoes, players will encounter several more veridical confluxes, each of which acts as a portal to a battlefield. The need to lay claim to battlefields has been omitted from the Walk of Echoes, and any one may enter and partake in battle until the maximum capacity of thirty-six adventurers has been reached. The time limit for each battle is 30 minutes, with no extensions possible. The clock will start ticking the instant the enemy is engaged, and participants must vanquish all monsters that appear within the allotted time in order to secure victory.
- The key item Kupofried's Medallion will be expended upon entry into a battlefield. To reacquire the key item, players must wait one Vana'dielian day before examining the veridical conflux located in Xarcabard  once more.
- Temporary items will be made available to players should certain conditions be fulfilled. While these will be distributed among all participants, the type of item obtained by each character will be determined randomly.
- The number of battlefields available will at first be limited, but more can be unlocked in succession by cooperating with other players and securing victory in preceding battlefields. Additional battlefields are being planned for future version updates.
- Rewards: Battlefield participants will have numerous opportunities to obtain reward items.
- All participants may cast lots upon items dropped by monsters.
- Vanquishing all foes within the allotted time will produce a treasure chest, and only those participants whose contribution to the battle was deemed satisfactory will be granted the right to cast lots upon the contents.
- Highly evaluated combatants will be further rewarded with bounty befitting their standing.
- Please be warned that regardless of remaining time, all participants will be transported from the battlefield five minutes after either victory is secured, or the treasure chests are opened. Any treasures that remain undistributed by that time may end up in unforeseen hands or be claimed by none at all.
The job level cap has been increased to 80.
- To increase character job levels to 76 and beyond, players must complete the new limit break quest "New Worlds Await" offered by the Nomad Moogle stationed at the Ru'Lude Gardens.
The following job abilities have been added:
- Restraint (WAR Lv.77 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
- Enhances your weapon skill power with each normal attack you land, but prevents you from dealing critical hits.
- Perfect Counter (MNK Lv.79 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
- Allows you to counter the next attack directed at you.
- Mana Wall (BLM Lv.76 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
- Allows you to take damage with MP.
- Despoil (THF Lv.77 Ability delay: 5 min.)
- Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.
- Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
- Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.
- Nether Void (DRK Lv.78 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
- Increases the absorption of your next dark magic spell.
- Double Shot (RNG Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
- Occasionally uses two units of ammunition to deal double damage.
- Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
- Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.
- Futae (NIN Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
- Grants a bonus to your next elemental ninjutsu by expending two ninja tools.
- Spirit Jump (DRG Lv.77 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
- Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.
- The ability delay of "Spirit Jump" is shared with "Jump."
- Blood Pact: Rage "Holy Mist" (SMN Lv.76)
- Deals light elemental damage to an enemy.
- Blood Pact: Rage "Lunar Bay" (SMN Lv.78)
- Deals darkness damage to an enemy.
- Blood Pact: Rage "Night Terror" (SMN Lv.80)
- Deals darkness damage to an enemy.
- Bolter's Roll (COR Lv.76)
- Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.
- Caster's Roll (COR Lv.79)
- Enhances "Fast Cast" effect for party members within area of effect.
- Tactical Switch (PUP Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min.)
- Swaps TP of master and automaton.
- Presto (DNC Lv.77 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
- Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.
- Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
- Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.
- Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
- Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.
- Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
- Examines the target's enmity level.
Adjustments have been made to the following job abilities and traits:
- Beastmasters may now invoke the aid of six new creatures via the "Call Beast" ability by using the following items:
Cunning Brain Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth / Deepbed Soil / Wool Grease / Vermihumus / Dancing Herbal Broth
- The Beastmaster job trait "Beast Affinity" can now increase pet levels to a maximum of 80.
- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" has been reduced from 60 to 40.
- The dragoon ability "Spirit Link" will now transfer half of the wyvern's TP to its master.
- The corsair ability "Double-Up" will now extend a roll's effect duration to 10 minutes if the produced number is XI.
- The dancer ability "Cure Waltz" can now be performed on non-party members.
- The "Dual Wield" job trait is now available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.
- The scholar ability "Accession" does not affect the white magic spell "Haste".
The following job traits have been added:
- Crit. Atk. Bonus
- 78 Thief, 78 War, 80 Dnc.
- Improves power of critical hits.
- Crit. Def. Bonus
- 79 Pld, 80 Bard
- Improves defense against critical hits.
- Tactical Parry
- 77 Nin, 77 Dnc.
- Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack.
- Tactical Guard
- 77 Monk, 80 PUP
- Grants bonus TP when guarding against an attack.
- Shield Def. Bonus
- 80 War, 77 Pld
- Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield.
- Stout Servant
- 78 Bst, 78 Pup
- Reduces damage taken by pet.
- True Shot
- 78 Rng
- Grants a damage bonus to ranged attacks performed at an appropriate distance.
- Blood Boon
- 60 SMN
- Occasionally cuts down MP cost of Blood Pact abilities. Does not affect abilities that require Astral Flow.
- Skillchain Bonus
- 78 SAM, 45 DNC
- Improves skillchain damage.
- 45 WAR, 80 BST
- Increases rate of critical hits when wielding with the main hand only. Grants a TP bonus to weapon skills.
- Conserve TP
- 80 RNG, 45 DRG, 77 DNC
- Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills.
- Occult Acumen
- 45 DRK, 78 SCH
- Grants bonus TP when dealing damage with elemental or dark magic.
- Mag. Burst Bonus
- 45 BLM, 80 NIN, 79 SCH
- Improves magic burst damage.
- Divine Benison
- 50 WHM
- Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic. Grants a bonus to enmity reduction.
- Resist Amnesia
- 15 BST, 30 COR, 15 PUP
- Gives you a slight resistance against amnesia.
The following magic spells have been added:
- White Magic
- Cure VI: WHM Lv.80
- Protect V: WHM Lv.76 / RDM Lv. 77 / SCH Lv.80
- Shell V: WHM Lv.76
- Baramnesia: RDM Lv.78
- Baramnesra: WHM Lv.78
- Black Magic
- Stone V: BLM Lv.77 / SCH Lv.79 (Addendum: Black)
- Water V: BLM Lv.80
- Aspir II: DRK Lv.78
- Foe Requiem VII: BRD Lv.76
- Army's Paeon VI: BRD Lv.78
- Knight's Minne V: BRD Lv.80
- Aisha: Ichi: NIN Lv.78
- Uses the ninja tool "Soshi".
More jobs can now learn the following spells:
- White Magic
- Shell IV: PLD Lv.80
- Phalanx: PLD Lv.77
- Regen II: RDM Lv.76
- Black Magic
- Stone III: DRK Lv.76
- Stone IV: RDM Lv.77
- Water III: DRK Lv.80
- Water IV: RDM Lv.80
Several new blue magic spells have been added.
The white magic spell "Aquaveil" will now guard against spell interruption a set number of times.
The following change has been made to the status icon of the ninjutsu "Utsusemi."
- The number of shadow images remaining is now indicated by the number of icons, which will appear leftmost of the screen.
Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted:
- Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind
Several new weapon skills have been added.
New adversaries have been added to the Voidwalker Notorious Monster quests accessible through the Ru'Lude Gardens NPC "Assai Nybaem."
Level restrictions have been lifted in the following areas:
- Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01
The distribution and level of certain monsters have been adjusted in the following areas:
- Bibiki Bay / Uleguerand Range / Promyvion – Holla / Promyvion – Dem / Promyvion – Mea / Promyvion – Vahzl / Lufaise Meadows / Misareaux Coast / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01
Level restrictions imposed upon Chains of Promathia mission battlefields have been lifted.
The level 75 restriction has been lifted on battlefields.
A cap has been placed upon status enhancements granted by certain food items.
Several new pieces of equipment have been added.
New synthesis recipes have been added.
The following revisions have been made to the Synergy system:
- The synergy skill level cap has been raised to 70 (Artisan).
- New "Synergy Enthusiast" NPCs have been added to teach synergy recipes to players.
- A new item has been added to allow players to remove the single most recently etched aperture.
- Signed items may now be used as synergy ingredients.
- Inserting a signed item into a synergy furnace will instantly erase its signature.
- An issue in which certain large fish could not be used as synergy ingredients has been addressed.
- Several new synergy recipes have been added.
Evolith may now be sold to merchant NPCs.
Evolith may now be traded to outpost traders.
The following items have been added to the list of ammunition that can be bundled as a quiver or pouch:
- Antlion Arrows / Darkling Bolts / Fusion Bolts / Dweomer Bullets / Oberon's Bullets
A toolbag for carrying large quantities of soshi has been added.
The following items may now be entrusted to the item storage NPC:
- Odin Statue / Alexander Statue / Kabuto-kazari / Katana-kazari / Dinner Jacket / Chocobo Beret / Dinner Hose
The following changes have been made to the FINAL FANTASY XI title screen:
- Logos for the "Abyssea" series of battle add-ons have been added. (These logos will appear faded until the new content becomes playable.)
Evolith possessing the following attributes now function as intended when attached to ranged weapons:
- LIT-aligned sklchn.: Sklchn.dmg.+
- DKN-aligned sklchn.: Sklchn.dmg.+
- LIT-aligned sklchn.: Sklchn.acc.+
- DKN-aligned sklchn.: Sklchn.acc.+
The following augment attributes now function as intended:
- Pet: Phys. dmg. taken -
- Occ. atk. twice (hand-to-hand weapons only)
Under certain circumstances, the game may freeze when attempting to enter the Walk of Echoes.
As a temporary workaround for this issue, users who have not installed the "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" expansion will be unable to warp to the Walk of Echoes.
- The quest log for the Abyssea - Tahrongi quest in which Kupipi asks players to slay one of five notorious monsters (Cuelebre, Adze, Minhocao, Chukwa, Mictlantecuhtli) will not display properly.
- The item referred to as "Tarnished Pincer" in dialogue and the chat log will appear as "Shriveled Pincer" in the inventory menu.
- In the PlayStation®2 version of the game, a blackout may occur during the cutscenes of the quest "Face of the Future."
- Players will be able to proceed in the quest by logging out and logging back in.
This page last modified 2010-06-26 22:43:35.