The Square Enix Account appears to be the primary interface players will use to manage their FFXIV accounts. Square Enix has said players will be able to use their same security tokens from FFXI for FFXIV.
A pricing plan has not been announced for FFXIV.
FFXIV will not be supported by the PlayOnline service. PlayOnline service is planned to continue as long as there's a demand for FFXI.
- Targeting monsters activates an Action Menu that displays all actions a player can perform at that moment.
- Frequent usage of weapons will result in more actions becoming available.
- Changing of weapons will result in a different set of options that will be available from the Action Menu. Furthermore, certain actions can be macroed for easier access in combat situations.
- Action Gauge, reminiscent of the Active Time Battle system from some of the previous console Final Fantasy games, will determine when actions are performed. In order to perform an action, the Action Gauge must first charge to full, and any action chosen prior to the Action Gauge reaching a full charge will not activate until the gauge has reached its charge.
- A similar gauge, the Power Gauge, will allow more direct player interface with the combat situations, by allowing the player to determine attack strength and accuracy manually.
This page last modified 2010-08-07 19:04:19.