- The following two areas are now open for exploration:The Grand Palace of Hu’Xzoi The Garden of Ru’Hmet
- Several new Chains of Promathia area quests have been added.
- A special new Ballista area has been added.
- New sets of low-level equipment have been added to the list of armor that can be stored by certain NPCs located around Vana’diel. After trading a full set (4-5 pieces) of armor, a player will receive a “claim slip.” This claim slip and a small fee are required when having a set of armor returned.
- 1. Signatures on checked armor will be lost.
- 2. High-quality and refurbished armor cannot be stored.
The clamming mini-game on Purgonorgo Isle has been expanded. The new features include:
- 1. A larger bucket offered to those who can fill the original bucket to the brim without going over its weight limit.
- 2. A larger variety of items that can be dug from the sand.
- 3. Less waiting time required to re-clam the same points.
New items are available for harvesting/mining in the following areas:
- 1. West Sarutabaruta
- 2. Newton Movalpolos
- 3. Giddeus
- A new key item that will automatically inform players whether they have access to the Marble Bridge Tavern is now available (a message will appear upon entry into Upper Jeuno).
- A new key item that will automatically inform players if a volunteer is needed for the “Community Service” quest is now available.
- Under certain conditions, Tarnotik (located in Oldton Movalpolos) will now accept snow lilies as payment for teleportation to Mine Shaft #2716.
- The number of items accepted by Yurim in the Tavnazian quest "In the Name of Science," as well as the types of rewards granted in exchange, have been increased.
- Several new varieties of fish are now being accepted by Zaldon in the “Inside the Belly” quest.
- The amount of EXP required for leveling up after lv.51, and the amount of EXP lost when KO’d after level 25, has been greatly reduced.
- Please note that at the time of the version update, if your character has more EXP than the new amount required, your EXP total will be adjusted to 1 point less than the amount needed for level up.
- Player status before the version update > Level=51 EXP=8100
- Amount needed for level up (before update) = 10000
- Amount needed for level up (after adjustment) = 8000
- Player status after the version update -> Level=51 EXP=7999
- Please visit http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml for further details on changes to the EXP system.
- Several new types of ENM quests have been added. In addition, many of the existing quests have also been adjusted. Some of these adjustments include allowing larger parties and/or alliances to enter the battlefields (however, depending on the size of the parties, there may be a cut in the amount of EXP received when completing the quest).
- New notorious monsters have been added to the Chains of Promathia areas.
- The bard song Army's Paeon V (Lv. 65) has been added.
New mannequin poses have been introduced. After obtaining a mannequin and a certain key item, Mhauran goldsmith Fyi Chalmwoh will change the pose of your simulacrum upon request. Available poses are as follows:
- 1. /sit
- 2. /salute (Windurst/San d’Oria/Bastok)
- 3. /hurray
- 4. Special race-specific poses
- Select guilds are now offering new key items available for purchase with guild points.
- Adjustments and additions have been made to the types of items requested in exchange for guild points.
- The Alchemists’ Guild will now accept poison baghnakhs +1 in exchange for guild points.
- Several new fishing rods have been introduced.
- New relic-type equipment has been added.
- Numerous other types of items are also now available.
- New synthesis and desynthesis recipes have been added.
The graphics displayed when a Galka equips the following shields have been changed:
- Marine Shield
- Shell Shield
- Turtle Shield
- Turtle Shield +1
- Genbu's Shield
- A new synthesis recipe for black ink has been introduced. In conjunction with this addition, the item's buying price has also been adjusted.
The following item names have been changed:
- Ashigaru Gorget > Agile Gorget
- Mana Ring > Mystical Ring
- Mana Ring +1 > Mystical Ring +1
- The Handle Name screen that would appear during login has been removed. In its place, a simple confirmation message has been introduced.
- Group Messages can now be viewed while logged in to FINAL FANTASY XI. However, players must return to PlayOnline to respond to them.
- Several unused buttons within the Friend List menu, as well as the "Busy" and “Away Mess.” options under Online Status, have been removed.
- In conjunction with the removal of the corresponding button, a player’s “Privacy Level” will now automatically be set to level 2 (all players on your Friend List).
- The "Accept" button originally used during Friend List registration has been removed. The current options are "Accept & Add" and "Decline."
- Also, when "Accept & Add" is selected by the invitee, both players will be automatically registered on each other's Friend List.
- "/busy" has been removed from the Auto-Translate feature.
- A confirmation message will now appear when purchasing goods from another player’s bazaar.
- Example: Purchase 3 sleepshrooms for 570 gil?
Fishing locations in the following areas have been adjusted:
- 1. Beaucedine Glacier
- 2. Sauromugue Champaign
- 3. Ferries between Mhaura and Selbina
- The more “tired” a player becomes after repeated fishing, the longer it will now take to recast his or her line.
- Players will be “tired” for a short period of time after being raised.
- New BGM is now played when battling it out with a bite.
- New types of salt and freshwater fish, as well as rare “legendary” fish, have been added.
- When a monster is caught, only the player who reeled it in (and his/her party or alliance) will be able to attack it (the monster's name will be displayed in red/purple).
This page last modified 2007-10-22 13:23:38.