Revision as of 2012-06-30 09:48:26 Older version (diff) | current version (diff) | Newer version (diff)
Main Pet UI
A pet in Runes of Magic is much more than the appearance or amusement item that many games have. Pets in RoM actually improve your stats and they grow with you, leveling up while earning XP from your activities. Pets can even harvest for you!
There are two ways to get a Pet Egg.
Use Rubies to buy one in the Item Shop
- Capture a Magic Cavy or Golden Magic Cavy (Rdb) using a Huntsman's Trap (this includes the daily training activity in Miller's Ranch). This will gain you one of the following eggs (at random)
In addition to the five attributes that all players have, pets have six progress bars that display their growth and status.
- Experience: Just like you, this is how the pet levels up. He gains part of the experience you gain whenever he is active (summoned).
- Talent Points:
- Loyalty: A multiplier that is involved in the stat boost calculations, so although this does not "control" the boost, it affects it. More is better. Also, if Loyalty is below 70% he will not assist you in a fight. Loyalty decreases when you die with the pet active. It can be repaired with special food from the Pet Hunter (24,000 ).
- Nourishment: Indicates how hungry or well-fed your pet is. The hungrier he is the less he aids you. Maximum benefit is only gained when he is well-fed.
- Training: Just like your Training Points, these are spent to improve his Skills. The max is 10,000, and if you do not spend them he will cease to gain more.
- Aptitude: A multiplier that is involved in the stat boost calculations, so although this does not "control" the boost, it affects it. More is better. Also, the higher Aptitude the better the chance that your pet will join in the fight and assist you against your target.
From time to time you may see a message, from your pet, that your pet wants to talk to you about something he has noticed in the world near you. Elsewhere on the screen you will see a minimized chat window. Open it to get the message and a choice of options.
- Let's try our luck. - Pet's Experience raised by 50 points!
- Get a shovel ready.
- Of course it is.
- Ignore - Yeah, right.
Two pets can be merged to improve the stats of one. To merge, the two pets must be of the same element or one of them must be of no element, and they must be with 5 levels of one another. After merging, the agent will have the benefits of the merge and the reagent will be gone.
First, click on the icon above Choose agent, then select a Breeding Slot. Now choose the Reagent the same way. The UI will display information about what the result will be. To confirm you want to merge the two pets, click the blue orb between the agent and reagent.
Right-click on the Pet Egg. This will open the Pet UI and change your cursor. Click on an open Breeding Slot (see Breeding Slot Ticket to open more) and that's it. You now have a pet.
Care and Feeding
If your pet is hungry the bonuses you receive from your pet will decline!
Your pets can harvest for you, but each harvest consumes a Pet Crafting Tool (100 ). This makes pet harvesting expensive but it is an excellent way to gain specific materials when you need them, as you can tell your pet to go harvest exactly the node you want. There is still some risk as each node will have more than one possible resource he may get from it. You can purchase Pet Crafting Tools from any Pet Hunter.
||This page needs more information! If you'd like to contribute, please edit this page (free ZAM account required)!
This page last modified 2012-06-30 09:48:26.