Portalarium is running promotions for Shroud of the Avatar anniversary.
The anniversary of the launch of Portalarium's fantasy RPG, Shroud of the Avatar, development will be Monday, April 7. After the success of the first Kickstarter campaign, raising slightly more than $2 million, the crowd funding effort has continued and today has surpassed the $3.7 million mark in total funds. The game is built in Unity and expected to launch at the end of 2014.
To mark the date, several promotions will run until April 7.
Portalarium Creative Director, Richard Garriott, commented the event saying:
“Wow, what an amazing community we have. In March of last year, when we announced a one million dollar Kickstarter, we could only hope that fans of our past work would want to join us in the mission to rekindle games like we had made with the Ultima series including Ultima Online. We were incredibly pleased to reach two million dollars during the 30 days of the initial campaign. Then starting just the second month after the Kickstarter close, players have continued to join us in ever greater numbers and at faster and faster rates month to month. As crowd funding pledges continue to increase, we are able to grow our team and deliver more game content and features to the community.
“Portalarium is deeply grateful to be working with and for, such an amazing community of gamers / explorers of what can be done in games.”
Backers can purchase, upgrade or gift Founder level pledges until Monday. After April 7th, those prices will increase to Benefactor prices and new Founder level pledges will be closed.
Other promotions/special events planned for the days leading up to and including April 7 are:
- Daily one hour developer hangouts that take a closer look at the game’s development
- A final 12 hour live stream marathon from noon-midnight on April 7 that will include special guests and announcements
- Special backer access to Release 4 from morning to midnight on April 7
- Prize giveaways throughout the week
- April 7 drawing for one Alienware gaming laptop
- April 7th Drawing for one trip to Austin, Texas for a tour of the Portalarium studios and some design brainstorming with the Shroud of the Avatar dev team (flight & one night hotel expenses covered)
- Founder Adventure Pledges given away during each daily hangout
- Weekend Access Passes to Release 5 given away during each daily hangout
Alienware is doing the following promotions:
- For the next three weeks, Alienware is sponsoring 250 weekend access keys to Shroud of the Avatar Early Release 5 later this month. The keys are available through the Alienware Arena Shroud of the Avatar Group. You can learn more about the giveaways here.
- Alienware is also sponsoring $20 pledge upgrade coupons to members of the Alienware Arena community. The coupons are good for new backers or current backers looking to upgrade their accounts. More on the coupon promotion can be found here.
Guilhemette "Whilhelmina" Giacopazzi