If you're a Minecraft fan, you may want to start planning your trip to Las Vegas! Mojang will be hosting MineCon, the first official Minecraft event, from November 18-19 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. The convention's site is now live and tickets are available for $99 until September 30. If you wait until October, the price jumps up to $139.
So what will you be doing at MineCon 2011? Here's a list of the currently planned activities:
- Official Minecraft launch
- Keynote speeches (including one by our very own Notch)
- Build contests
- Breakout classes with all different Minecraft topics
- Costume contests
- Exhibits by leading gaming and Minecraft related companies
- Meeting friends from around the world
- Commemorative merchandise
Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson has been tweeting about MineCon today, and he candidly explains why Mojang is hosting the convention. "No matter how many tickets we sell, MineCon is going to be a monetary loss for us. But an emotional win! In fact, the more people that come, the more expensive it gets, heh," he said. "It's totally worth it, though. It's about celebrating with the players, not about making money. To make money, we make games."