Undead Labs recently posted a dev blog entry that outlines how the team is designing firearms for its upcoming zombie-filled franchise of games, which includes an MMO. As a follow-up, the team answered some questions on the topic that were posted by fans. Here are the highlights from the Q&A:
- "We’re definitely looking at a variety of other ranged options like bows and crossbows."
- "In our world, sound will play a big role in combat — if a zombie can hear you, they’ll be coming for you."
- "We’re really excited about letting you customize firearms by swapping components and adding new ones (scopes, for example)."
- "You’ll be able to choose to carry more stuff, including extra ammo, but you’ll want to consider the weight, fatigue, and noise consequences."
- "There will be a variety of melee weapons. Melee combat is a very important part of the game."
Check out the entire Q&A for more details on firearms in the two-player "Class3" game and the following "Class4" MMO.