PR Manager Jason Varden has confirmed in a new blog post that the Kung Foo! closed beta begins on Jan. 5. The post also takes a closer look at the current Twitter pun contest that asks players to write clever #FOO puns for a chance to win a beta key.
The post lists some of the best puns to date, such as "#FOOmpa OOmpas dooba de de, what would you do for a beta key?" The most popular cultural reference is Mr. T; he pities #FOOs, after all. You can read the full blog post after the jump.
The great Kung Foo! Twitter pun contest has been a tremendous success! With over 150 puns submitted, and many hours of careFOO consideration, I thought it would only be fair to share the best puns with you to date.
Some of you tried to serenade us with witty puns and poems.
- Rose's are Red Violets are #Foo Perfect World Int is Sweet and I love #Foo.
- Joy to the World, the #FOO has come. Let gamers receive their zen!........
- what is #FOO ? is it a 3 letter word? can you throw #foo or eat it perhaps #FOO is really MOO?
Others tried to test on our Star Trek pun skills.
- Of course, if your sci-fi is of a different angle, I could say..Live Long and #FOOfer..or...Make It #FOO? :D
- I like 'Make It #FOO', but who would say that, would it be the #FOOist officer!?
- Heh, either that or one of the more logical #FOOlcan officers ;)
Or on our Willie Wonka rhyming abilities.
- ...and the #FOO berries really taste like #FOO berries...
- #FOOmpa OOmpas dooba de de, what would you do for a beta key?
- #FOOmpa Loopma Dooba de de, if you don't mind, could you pick me? Want 2 laugh at MMOs, too, Like the #Foompaloompa #FOOdevs do!
And some even tried to prove their FOO-fulness.
- i got a PHD in...... #FOO!!!!
- Ask not what #Foo can do for you, ask what you can do for #Foo...
- he who #FOOs last, #FOOs hardest :P
- The difference between you and me is that I make #FOO look good
- You don't make #FOO, #FOO makes you.
Other Important Pun Stats
Most popular cultural reference: Mr. T
Other honorable mentions: Chuck Norris (similar to FOO), Mr. T (He’s that good), Kiss, Queen, TMNT, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, The Grinch, Winnie the Pooh, The Rock (also known as Dwayne Johnson) and Christmas
If you think you have what it takes to top some of these puns, there’s still time. Simply tweet your best FOO pun using ‘#FOO’ and @kungfoogame. The Kung Foo! closed beta begins on Tuesday, January 5.
Good luck and may the FOO-niest pun win!