According to the official news blog, Pirates of the Caribbean Online has received some new features and improvements, some of which make the game more accessible for new players. For example, early quests have been modified for better playability and more than 70 tutorial pop-up hints have been added to help get new players acquainted with the mechanics.
In addition, dockworker NPCs have been added to give pirates the transportation option of becoming a stowaway on a ship. The team has added 38 new, player-submitted ship names to the game, and enemy difficulties in areas throughout PotBS have been changed. You can read all of the updates after the jump.
Also, the following announcement was made in a separate post: "For security reasons, we have removed the ability to tab between Linked Accounts on the Pirate selection screen. Please sign in with each account's unique login and password for the account you want to play."
We've released new features and improvements to Pirates of the Caribbean, log in now. This is a perfect chance to begin your life as a Pirate as we've expanded and changed many early game experiences. Enjoy!
- Early Quests have been modified for better playability, including Quests to find the first three Black Pearl crew members and Quest lines related to the Voodoo Doll
- Introduced 70 new tutorial pop-up hints, these hints can be turned on and off from the Game Options Menu (F7)
- Added new Dockworker NPCs to help Pirates stowaway on ships. This is a new transportation option which helps Pirates reach their destination without sailing a ship or needing a Teleport Totem. To become a stowaway, find a Dockworker on the dock of Tortuga, Port Royal, Padres Del Fuego or Cuba and pay him the gold he requests for the service.
- Added 38 new, player submitted ship names to the Shipwrights Ship Naming Menu
- In areas throughout the game, changed enemy difficulties for better playability
- Added Chat Permission Status to the Pirate Profile Panel
- Added an option to toggle on and off Windows Sticky Keys (this option is disabled by default)
Additional Improvements & Bug Fixes:
- Changing Cannon Ammunition types no longer restarts the recharge timer
- Made several bug fixes to NPC's: returned Navy Sailors to normal heights, enemies no longer ambush players and enemies will no longer attack Pirates once you leave their area
- Better feedback/flow for guild name requests.
- The loading screen now appears when starting game instead of a black screen
- Polished the drop down Main Menu and Escape key interaction
- Made several improvements to the Ray of Light to address tracking and hint problems
- Removed the Quest completion percentages from the Journal page
- Re-enabled the "dazed" effect above a Pirates head (for higher-detail graphics/effects settings)
- Fixed a bug where your ship's repair spots would not be available even when the ship was stopped