August 15, 2008, SOE Fan Faire, Las Vegas NV
Tonight during John Smedley's annual Community Address, Jeff Moyer, President of the Zam Network announced the creation of Zam.com, which will combine all Zam Network sites such as Thottbot, Wowhead, MMO Interface, and the Allakhazam game sites into one complete gaming destination. He also announced that in partnership with SOE, the first game to get a full Zam.com site will be EverQuest II.
The new EQII site, when completed, will feature:
- A complete database with detailed information that you can only get directly from the game itself. Maps of Mob Locations. Mob spells and skills. Complete drop information including the percentage chance of something dropping. Full item stats, including the normally hidden stuff. Complete quest walk throughs with all the text from in game. Spell, skill and AA lists.
- Live Broker Data. You will be able to log onto our site and see exactly what is for sale at that moment. You will also be able to request that you get e-mailed or texted when certain items come up for sale at certain prices.
- 3D Models of everything in the game including mobs, items and your profile. You will be able to try on outfits and see what they look like.
- Profile Upgrade Search. Put in your parameters, like solo only or quest only or exclude raid and search your profile for easy upgrades to your current equipment, then print out the directions on how to get it and go.
And in the future, all Zam.com sites will feature:
- Flexible template. Pick your own background and graphics. Make up your own menu to highlight the pages most important to you. Add or remove modules from the front page.