"Jumpgate Evolution" is a new game based on NetDevil's first game titled Jumpgate Classic. Jumpgate Classic was released in 2001 as the world's first massively multiplayer online (MMO) space combat game.
The concept behind Evolution is to give MMO fans the experience of being a space pilot in a visually stunning Sci-fi environment with newly enhanced gameplay and advanced AI. In Evolution, players carve their own space hero experience representing one of three nations: Solrain, Quantar or Octavius. Players advance by engaging in combat, mining, missions, exploration and trade.
The result is a slick space combat game that is deep and rewarding for experienced MMO players yet accessible for new players. With customizable spaceships to command, and a galaxy of conflict and riches to dominate, Jumpgate Evolution is the pinnacle of elite space combat.
Evolution's universe is large and versatile; allowing for both comprehensive PvE and PvP experiences. As player actions impact the economy and faction relationships, fresh and unexpected challenges are generated from the dynamically changing universe. Evolution provides players with a variety of experiences to fulfill all their space fantasies.
It is a common misconception that Jumpgate Evolution is an expansion of The Reconstruction Initiative. It is not. It is an entirely new game with elements from the original Jumpgate. Beta applications for Jumpgate Evolution are being accepted. Sign up for the beta here.
From the official press release:
- Jumpgate Evolution offers fun, intuitive game play that is thoroughly engrossing, while the new AI encourages players to immerse themselves in various roles available in the universe, said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil. The game has undergone a complete graphics overhaul and has been vastly expanded to offer more weapons, and greater focus on PvE targets, making roles more refined in the process. Advanced social aspects of the MMO are available as well, including player-owned stations, complete with controllable economy, updated player statistics and rankings, and the ability for players to create squads with customizable web pages for each. The overall experience is a vital improvement in terms of playability, accessibility, as well as the overall look and feel. We think it's a great example of just how far you can transform an existing IP.
- New rendering engine scaling from fixed function to pixel shaders for maximum market reach.
- Engaging and responsive AI, creating the feeling of a living, changing universe.
- Several new missions across multiple types including: combat, patrols, mining, and delivery.
- A real supply and demand economy responsive to player trading activity.
- Engaging PvP system with factional peace and war rating, significantly affecting game dynamics.
- New user interface to make the game more engaging and accessible.
- Elite Space Combat - Jumpgate takes the best elements from the space action genre and brings them online, letting thousands of players play within a persistent living, breathing world.
- Explore the Galaxy, Forge your Destiny - Want to be a space trader, a fighter pilot or even an elite commander? In Jumpgate Evolution the power to forge your destiny is in your hands
- Huge Space Battles - Fight against thousands of players in epic large-scale player vs. player real time battles.
- Highly Accessible - Incredibly scalable game engine allows Jumpgate to be fully playable, even on older PCs.
- A New Way to Play - Gone are the days of point and click MMO play! Jumpgate represents an entirely new way to play with full twitch based combat.
- Windows XP/Vista
- Intel P4 1.4GHz or better (2GHz if using Vista)
- 512MB RAM (1GB if using Vista)
- 64MB Graphics Card
- Direct X® 9.0c
- Broadband connection
- 2x DVD ROM Drive
- 8GB free hard disk space
- Windows XP/Vista
- Dual-core Intel Pentium D
- 2GB RAM
- 256MB Graphics card with vertex and pixel shader capability
- Broadband connection
External Links and Resources
This page last modified 2009-05-12 12:00:34.