Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Reply To Thread

Oh, Shoot (Connecticut)Follow

#352 Dec 20 2012 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,137 posts

The fact that it was an off-duty police office is irrelevant btw (cause I know you'll try to go that route). If the same off-duty police officer had been at the Sandy Brook school last Friday (perhaps because he had a kid in the school), he would not have been able to stop the shooting because he would not have legally been able to carry a weapon with him on the school


Let's ban handguns for all non police and let off duty ones carry 24/7 anywhere.

Utopia!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#354 Dec 20 2012 at 10:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Quote:
He stopped the killer from killing the boy he was targeting

Conjecture. He was also under fire from law enforcement. You have no idea if he would have hit or not. You say he "stopped the killer" because that supposition best helps your argument.

Quote:
The fact that it was an off-duty police office is irrelevant btw

It's absolutely relevant since few people argue against having armed law enforcement officers and make the distinction between police training and someone buying a gun because an ad told them it'd get their "man card" back. But you already knew this which is why you're scrambling to discredit the relevance.

Quote:
If the same off-duty police officer had been at the Sandy Brook school last Friday (perhaps because he had a kid in the school), he would not have been able to stop the shooting because he would not have legally been able to carry a weapon with him on the school (or even near the school).

He would have been legally allowed to carry it if he had a carry permit issued by the state and that state requires background checks...
Quote:
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—
(i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
...which fits the CT carry permit requirements.

Quote:
So... great job passing laws that get kids killed, I guess?

I bet that sounded more clever in your head when you thought you were right.

I'm just making the point that you will insist that every time someone pulls out a gun they must have stopped a mass shooting but you can't point to a single bona fide FBI-defined "mass shooting" that was actually stopped by an armed civilian. It's not for lack of trying -- people have intervened and died for it without stopping the shooter. As I said, it's as though you must get magical bullet immunity after it becomes a mass shooting.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#355 Dec 20 2012 at 10:33 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Jophiel wrote:
As I said, it's as though you must get magical bullet immunity after it becomes a mass shooting.


+6 avoidance to range attacks to be precise. The problem is civilians automatically have a -4 to range attacks to begin with so it is loose, loose for anyone that isn't an officer or military.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#356 Dec 21 2012 at 1:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,894 posts
Incremental positive change is better than no change.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#357 Dec 21 2012 at 5:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,481 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Also LTQ. FFS, it is so EASY, stop making yourself look so silly!!!!

Do you really think it's an issue of me not knowing how? Or does it seem more likely that it's an intentional stylistic choice?


No I don't really think you don't know how, but I like to poke you about it Smiley: lol Also an intentional lack of style! Or the stylistic equivalent of a Carrot Top comedy show.

Edited, Dec 21st 2012 6:19am by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#358 Dec 21 2012 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,855 posts
Quote:
Try the veal.


You've been really pushing for the veal lately.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#359 Dec 21 2012 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,457 posts
The latest fashion trend for mass-shooters are bullet proof vests. So, no the lone hero with his handgun that happens upon a mass shooting is not likely going to stop the killer. More likely they'd just become another victim.

Besides all mass-shooter are video game experts - they're trained to deal with peds.

How about if we equip all school kids with bullet proof vests. It's probably not anymore costly than arming teachers and principals but is a whole lot more palatable.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#360 Dec 21 2012 at 1:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
And, as the NRA holds a press conference saying we need an armed officer in every school in America, reports come in of a man driving down a Pennsylvania road, shooting people seemingly at random. Two men and a woman dead, shooter dead, three police injured.
Reuters wrote:
Four people died on a Pennsylvania highway on Friday when a gunman shot dead three people and later was killed in a shootout with police, according to Pennsylvania media, citing authorities.

Three state troopers were injured in the incident in Frankstown Township, about 100 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Investigators suspect the shooter might have been driving when he opened fire, shooting people for unknown reasons, the Pittsburgh Tribune Review reported, citing an official with the Blair County Emergency Management Agency.

"The Pennsylvania State Police have neutralized the active shooter in Frankstown Township, Blair County. There is no longer a threat to residents and visitors to this area from this individual," the Blair County Emergency Management Agency said on its Facebook page.
[...]
The unidentified highway shooter killed two other men and a woman, the Altoona Mirror reported, citing the prosecutor, Blair County District Attorney Richard Consiglio.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#361 Dec 21 2012 at 2:37 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,572 posts
I think someone did something similar to that here in Michigan just recently. On I-96 I think it was, shooting random people. He was charged with terrorism, among other things. They were talking about it either this morning or yesterday on the news.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/terrorism_other_new_felony_cha.html
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#362 Dec 21 2012 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,187 posts
clearly we need armed guards at every intersection, exit and turnpike.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#363 Dec 21 2012 at 4:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,623 posts
Everyone should be an armed guard, that way there'd be nobody left to commit any crimes.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#364 Dec 21 2012 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,352 posts
Of course! No one with a gun would ever willfully choose to attack anyone else with a gun; just ask any military historian. Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#365 Dec 21 2012 at 4:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,623 posts
Well, not if they're all guards or on the same team. Just ask that UN blue helmet guy who shot 4 of his colleagues today.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#366 Dec 21 2012 at 4:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
They let the blue helmet guys have guns?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#367 Dec 21 2012 at 4:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,623 posts
Apparently. I don't know if they;re allowed to use them though.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#368 Dec 21 2012 at 4:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,352 posts
It seems there's a good reason for that.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#369 Dec 21 2012 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,572 posts
Jophiel wrote:
They let the blue helmet guys have guns?


Some of the blue guys do support the NRA, so it's all good.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#370 Dec 21 2012 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,623 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
It seems there's a good reason for that.
You know, you're all nice and whatnot but then sometimes you make a post that makes you look like more of an @#%^ than Theo.










Still, makes me laugh so it's all good.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#371 Dec 21 2012 at 5:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,352 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
It seems there's a good reason for that.
You know, you're all nice and whatnot but then sometimes you make a post that makes you look like more of an @#%^ than Theo.










Still, makes me laugh so it's all good.


Smiley: lol

Just means I've been hanging out here with you people too long Smiley: tongue

I believe you though. People have told me as much about my sense of humor in the past, all in good fun. Smiley: grin
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#372 Dec 21 2012 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Let's just repurpose TSA agents to work school security checkpoints.
____________________________
Banh
#373 Dec 21 2012 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Though I guess there'd be some issues with giving kids anal cavity searches.
____________________________
Banh
#374 Dec 21 2012 at 6:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,550 posts
There was an armed guard at Columbine.
Quote:
On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and one teacher at Columbine. On the scene that day was Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff’s deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years.

As a CNN report describes, Gardner was eating lunch when he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the school’s back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris and the two exchanged gunfire. Harris was not hit and ran back inside the school. At that point, “Gardner called for additional units to respond to the south parking lot of Columbine High School. … While he was on the radio calling for assistance, five other Jefferson County deputies already were on their way, arriving only minutes after the first report of a ‘female down’ at Columbine High School.” Later, Gardner saw Harris again, through a broken window. Once again, he fired. Once again, he didn’t hit him.
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#375gbaji, Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 8:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's not magic bullet immunity Joph. It's that usually, if a civilian is right on hand with a firearm, he's able to stop the shooter before he kills that many people. The cases where more than 4 people are killed are overwhelmingly cases where there's no civilian with a firearm on hand to try to stop it. So the odds of an armed civilian showing up *after* the shooting has gone that far is lower than the odds that the police will already have arrived, or that the shooting has ended for some other reason.
#376 Dec 21 2012 at 8:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Quote:
And I'm going to assume that the parents of the 20 dead children in Newtown probably think that as well.

I bet they wish no one involved had a gun, period and not that there was a cowboy-shootout at the Elementary School Corral.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#377 Dec 22 2012 at 1:32 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Gbaji wrote:
A civilian with a concealed weapon looks just like anyone else in the crowd and thus has a better chance of being able to quickly stop a shooting before it reaches the magic number of fatalities to be considered a mass shooting.


In theory that is wonderful idea. Disgruntled Dan whips out an AK-47 in a mall and shoots Innocent Irene in the back several times. Businessman Bill just witnessed what happened and pulls out his .22 and shoots Disgruntled Dan in the head, saving the rest of the shoppers around Innocent Irene. Businessman Bill notices that Handyman Hank, Shopper Sally, and Gossiper Gladys all had their weapons out and would have killed Disgruntled Dan if Businessman Bill missed. The day is saved and gun rights is praised.

Now if we take a step away from Gbiaji-land and look at reality you will notice that Businessman Bill would have ended up another body in Disgruntled Dan's path.

Not going to touch your idea that schools should no longer be a gun free zone. That certainly tops the cake on some of the dumbest things I have seen you say.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#378 Dec 22 2012 at 3:19 AM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,824 posts
Jophiel wrote:
And, as the NRA holds a press conference saying we need an armed officer in every school in America, reports come in of a man driving down a Pennsylvania road, shooting people seemingly at random. Two men and a woman dead, shooter dead, three police injured.

This is why I don't keep a gun. Some people just need to be shot, the way they drive.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#379 Dec 22 2012 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,277 posts
Criminy wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
A civilian with a concealed weapon looks just like anyone else in the crowd and thus has a better chance of being able to quickly stop a shooting before it reaches the magic number of fatalities to be considered a mass shooting.


In theory that is wonderful idea. Disgruntled Dan whips out an AK-47 in a mall and shoots Innocent Irene in the back several times. Businessman Bill just witnessed what happened and pulls out his .22 and shoots Disgruntled Dan in the head, saving the rest of the shoppers around Innocent Irene. Businessman Bill notices that Handyman Hank, Shopper Sally, and Gossiper Gladys all had their weapons out and would have killed Disgruntled Dan if Businessman Bill missed. The day is saved and gun rights is praised.

Now if we take a step away from Gbiaji-land and look at reality you will notice that Businessman Bill would have ended up another body in Disgruntled Dan's path.

Not going to touch your idea that schools should no longer be a gun free zone. That certainly tops the cake on some of the dumbest things I have seen you say.

Yeah, I just can't figure out why some people think that arming everyone would be a good idea. Like I said before, it wouldn't matter what kind of training I had. I don't like guns and I know I'd do more harm than good if I had one. I might just graze the bad guy and accidentally shoot and kill two innocent people. No thanks.
#380 Dec 22 2012 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
I imagine that at some point, school security will involve students being provided with a prison-esque uniform upon arrival to school. The clothing and belongings they brought with them will be locked up and stored until the end of the day, when they will be able to change back into street clothes.
____________________________
Banh
#381 Dec 22 2012 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
On the bright side that would certainly cut down on the number of kids playing hookie between classes. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#382 Dec 22 2012 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
643 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Criminy wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
A civilian with a concealed weapon looks just like anyone else in the crowd and thus has a better chance of being able to quickly stop a shooting before it reaches the magic number of fatalities to be considered a mass shooting.


In theory that is wonderful idea. Disgruntled Dan whips out an AK-47 in a mall and shoots Innocent Irene in the back several times. Businessman Bill just witnessed what happened and pulls out his .22 and shoots Disgruntled Dan in the head, saving the rest of the shoppers around Innocent Irene. Businessman Bill notices that Handyman Hank, Shopper Sally, and Gossiper Gladys all had their weapons out and would have killed Disgruntled Dan if Businessman Bill missed. The day is saved and gun rights is praised.

Now if we take a step away from Gbiaji-land and look at reality you will notice that Businessman Bill would have ended up another body in Disgruntled Dan's path.

Not going to touch your idea that schools should no longer be a gun free zone. That certainly tops the cake on some of the dumbest things I have seen you say.

Yeah, I just can't figure out why some people think that arming everyone would be a good idea. Like I said before, it wouldn't matter what kind of training I had. I don't like guns and I know I'd do more harm than good if I had one. I might just graze the bad guy and accidentally shoot and kill two innocent people. No thanks.

This is the thing that worries me. I'm afraid a situation like this would spiral out of control. Once the second person pulls out a gun and shoots, how does anybody else figure out who is the attacker? They hear gunshots, look around, then start firing at the guy who was going to be the hero.
#383 Dec 22 2012 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
xantav wrote:

This is the thing that worries me. I'm afraid a situation like this would spiral out of control. Once the second person pulls out a gun and shoots, how does anybody else figure out who is the attacker? They hear gunshots, look around, then start firing at the guy who was going to be the hero.


Isn't it obvious? You look for the red nameplate. The green ones are friendly, duh.Smiley: tongue
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#384 Dec 22 2012 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Gbaji wrote:
That's a ridiculous standard to demand though. What I can do is point to several cases which were prevented from becoming mass shootings because of the intervention of a armed civilian. Isn't that a more important aspect of this? You're demanding that I show cases where someone already killed 4 or more people in an area in which an armed civilian was responsible for stopping the killing, but discounting any case where an armed civilian stopped a shooting from reaching that magic 4 fatality mark in the first place.


And we can point to a real world mass shooting that wasn't stopped by the armed officer at Columbine. See the difference? You're working with hypotheticals, while we've got things like facts on this side.

Not that facts mean anything to Republicans, but still.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#385Kastigir, Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 6:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Let's take a look at the Columbine case. You're right that the presence of an armed guard didn't halt the attack, but let's examine why. According to records, the armed guard was at lunch when the attack began. After arriving at the scene, he at no point attempted to enter the building, instead opting to attempt to engage Harris and Kliebold from the parking lot, while they were still inside on their rampage. Witness accounts state that the security officer attempted to fire through the windows on 2 separate occasions where either Harris or Kliebold were spotted.
#386 Dec 22 2012 at 6:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Kastigir wrote:
You're right that the presence of an armed guard didn't halt the attack, but let's examine why.

Because just giving a guy a gun doesn't automatically turn him into an avenging archangel, shielding all of the innocents from the works of evil?

Especially when you're not even talking about giving trained officials weapons but rather just taking the NRA & Gbaji stance of assuming that the more guns you sprinkle into the population, the safer we all are.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#387 Dec 22 2012 at 6:27 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,824 posts
But what's the lesson to be learned? Multiple guards on shifts? Better training to engage at distance or through openings?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#388 Dec 22 2012 at 6:53 PM Rating: Excellent
How about limiting the tools, & capacity of said tools, to make it harder to kill people with them? The issue with guns in particular is it makes it trivially easy to kill someone. Hell, the same day as Sandy Hook a guy in China attacked a school with a knife.

22 kids were attacked, all survived.

If we stop making it so easy to kill I guarantee you the body count is gonna go down. Sure, we may get the occasional bombing, knife, <insert weapon that isn't a gun> attack; but the loss of life will be lessened.

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#389 Dec 22 2012 at 8:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Debalic wrote:
But what's the lesson to be learned? Multiple guards on shifts? Better training to engage at distance or through openings?
Small radius remote-detonated explosives strapped to all employees/students. A computer randomly picks one person to go attempt to give the assailant a hug. Their sacrifice will be remembered. Repeat ad infinitum until either no more employees/students are left, or the assailant is neutralized.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2012 9:38pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#390 Dec 22 2012 at 9:25 PM Rating: Excellent
**
574 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
That's a ridiculous standard to demand though. What I can do is point to several cases which were prevented from becoming mass shootings because of the intervention of a armed civilian. Isn't that a more important aspect of this? You're demanding that I show cases where someone already killed 4 or more people in an area in which an armed civilian was responsible for stopping the killing, but discounting any case where an armed civilian stopped a shooting from reaching that magic 4 fatality mark in the first place.


And we can point to a real world mass shooting that wasn't stopped by the armed officer at Columbine. See the difference? You're working with hypotheticals, while we've got things like facts on this side.

Not that facts mean anything to Republicans, but still.

Let's take a look at the Columbine case. You're right that the presence of an armed guard didn't halt the attack, but let's examine why. According to records, the armed guard was at lunch when the attack began. After arriving at the scene, he at no point attempted to enter the building, instead opting to attempt to engage Harris and Kliebold from the parking lot, while they were still inside on their rampage. Witness accounts state that the security officer attempted to fire through the windows on 2 separate occasions where either Harris or Kliebold were spotted.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2012 7:23pm by Kastigir


Didn't deter the attack at all, they still came knowing full well there was a armed guard.
____________________________
.
#391 Dec 23 2012 at 1:13 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
RavennofTitan wrote:
Kastigir wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
That's a ridiculous standard to demand though. What I can do is point to several cases which were prevented from becoming mass shootings because of the intervention of a armed civilian. Isn't that a more important aspect of this? You're demanding that I show cases where someone already killed 4 or more people in an area in which an armed civilian was responsible for stopping the killing, but discounting any case where an armed civilian stopped a shooting from reaching that magic 4 fatality mark in the first place.


And we can point to a real world mass shooting that wasn't stopped by the armed officer at Columbine. See the difference? You're working with hypotheticals, while we've got things like facts on this side.

Not that facts mean anything to Republicans, but still.

Let's take a look at the Columbine case. You're right that the presence of an armed guard didn't halt the attack, but let's examine why. According to records, the armed guard was at lunch when the attack began. After arriving at the scene, he at no point attempted to enter the building, instead opting to attempt to engage Harris and Kliebold from the parking lot, while they were still inside on their rampage. Witness accounts state that the security officer attempted to fire through the windows on 2 separate occasions where either Harris or Kliebold were spotted.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2012 7:23pm by Kastigir


Didn't deter the attack at all, they still came knowing full well there was a armed guard.


Hell, in a way, I bet it's a bit of an encouragement. All the thrill of a Hollywood heist, sans the risk of going against a real threat.

It doesn't take a Danny Ocean to figure out how to deal with one or two school security guards, armed or not. Anyone who thinks that armed security guards are some sort of panacea are kidding themselves. We need more comprehensive solutions.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#392 Dec 23 2012 at 4:23 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Debalic wrote:
But what's the lesson to be learned? Multiple guards on shifts? Better training to engage at distance or through openings?
Small radius remote-detonated explosives strapped to all employees/students. A computer randomly picks one person to go attempt to give the assailant a hug. Their sacrifice will be remembered. Repeat ad infinitum until either no more employees/students are left, or the assailant is neutralized.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2012 9:38pm by Spoonless


I think the time has come to ARM (Autonomous Robotic Martyrs) all of our schools. All the fun of a suicide bomber without the suicide.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 51 All times are in CDT