For this post, the 27th such post I have made over the last 11, almost 12 years, I figured I'd do something a little different. You guys are probably gettign a little bored of the usual Ding style post anyways, so i'll save that up for a big one later on at 30k. In the mean time, instead here is a list of 27 little known, random, and entirely useless facts about Kaolians you probably didn't want to know!
1. I once broke my toe accidentally kicking a door jamb.
2. I'm ambidextrious. I write equally poorly with either hand.
3. I'm fairly allergic to lawn grass.
4. I built a crappy railgun in high school for science class, which actually worked pretty well.
5. The name Kaolian came from the Everquest 1 Random Name Generator and has nothing to do with Edgar Rice Burroughs, Afghanistan, or certain pilots named Morgan who may or may not be secretly my Nemesis.
6. I detest tofu, but i'm ok with Lima beans. I hate Cabbage but I love Brussle sprouts.
7. I have every single paper i've ever written on a computer since 2nd grade saved for some reason. I figure it will be useful in the eventual psychological post analysis.
8. I can't spell words. I've never really been able to spell, but it got much worse after I took my first German classes and has never recovered. It's apperently genetic as very few people in my family on my dad's side can spell. We don't know why.
9. I once had an IT job where one of the primary duties consisted of ironing.
10. I've been stabbed in the back by a crazy person, accidentally shot at by a .38, and punched in the nose by a toddler before. Getting stabbed, even with an ink pen, huts.
11. I've piloted a WW-II era C-47 Skytrain, an 120 foot retired WW-II era minesweeper, and a 1902 vintage steam locomotive briefly.
12. I'm an Eagle Scout.
13. I once had a hair in my ear grow the wrong way and make this annoying scratching sound in my left ear for months until the ear doctor finally noticed it and figured out what it was. It was very annoying.
14. I'm a decendant of Franklin Pierce, amongst other interesting historical figures apperently.
15. I've seen a wild Blue shark while salmon fishing out of Tillamook, OR.
16. I've stood on the remains of 16 wrecked ships for no apperent reason. The oldest being the Peter Iredale.
17. I design and build my own stunt kites.
18. I've never actually seen a mongoose.
19. I've built somewhere around 1,600 computers personally over the years, most of them for other work. I can assemble a computer from a pile of boxed parts to a fully assembled, buttoned up working bootable unit in 15 minutes 34 seconds. We actually had a race to find this out. It was fun. I won a sandwich.
20. I have a Wooly Mammoth Tooth in my rock collection that my Dad found somewhere.
21. I once sold books to a certain "Richard Starkey" in Prescott, AZ when I worked at the Barnes and Noble there. yes, I did get an autograph. I never did figure out why he was in Prescott though, since there really wasn't anything worthwhile there to visit. It was definitly Ringo though.
22. I once told a pun so bad, it caused someone to spontaniously combust. Now I can't visit norway ever again.
23. It's harder than it looks to think up 27 useless facts about yourself, especially knowing that probably no one is going to actually read them.
24. I've been shocked by electricity at least 14 times over my life, most of which occured when I was very young. Yes, that does explain a few things...
25. I play the Trombone and Drums.
26. I wage wars against cows because one of them peed on my space shuttle sweater my mom made while I was wearing it during 1st Grade dairy field trip. Since then, the only good cow is a steak...
27. My toes can make this wierd annoying popping sound, on account of them being too long. I'm not sure why. It makes it handy to pick things up with my toes though. I seem to be the only one in the family that developed the odd toes though. Which really gets annoying during shoe shopping time.
So there you go, 27 things you now know that you'll spend the next 4 minutes trying to un know! See you at 28K!