Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of AppleFollow

#1 Aug 24 2011 at 5:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,389 posts
http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/ O_o

Quote:
August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

***
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1744740/
#2 Aug 24 2011 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,851 posts
It's official, Jobs is dying.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3 Aug 24 2011 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,540 posts
I feel sorry for him. He's going to seem so foolish now, what with his last name being Jobs and him not having one.
#4 Aug 24 2011 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,511 posts
Running a reality distortion field is a full time Job.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#5 Aug 24 2011 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,707 posts
lolapplesucks.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#6 Aug 24 2011 at 10:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
I saw this on the news and the first thing my wife says is "Who is this retard?".
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#7 Aug 24 2011 at 11:09 PM Rating: Excellent
iDontCare
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#8 Aug 25 2011 at 12:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,061 posts
So, it'd probably be in bad taste for me to send a condolences card("Sorry the place you work for is going under") and a bunch of applications to a guy I know who works in an Apple store, right?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#10 Aug 25 2011 at 5:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,389 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
So, it'd probably be in bad taste for me to send a condolences card("Sorry the place you work for is going under") and a bunch of applications to a guy I know who works in an Apple store, right?



Sounds like the best plan to me.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1744740/
#11 Aug 25 2011 at 6:11 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,819 posts
All that power and money don't mean much when the Grim reaper is knocking at the door.
____________________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ImGatomon/Request.jpg

. “Power even if it is raw uncontrolled potential is just as dangerous as a trained assassin. It is unpredictable and deadly if your are not prepared." ~Gatomon From the story A Fox Among Wolves.
#12 Aug 25 2011 at 7:10 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
Tailmon wrote:
All that power and money don't mean much when the Grim reaper is knocking at the door.
Money never helps when it comes to affording medical treatment.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#13 Aug 25 2011 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,754 posts
Good, maybe the new guy will realize the value in opening up their OS so we can install it on our own hardware.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#14 Aug 25 2011 at 7:11 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,289 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
Tailmon wrote:
All that power and money don't mean much when the Grim reaper is knocking at the door.
Money never helps when it comes to affording medical treatment.
It's pretty useless to the people you leave behind, too.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#15 Aug 25 2011 at 2:28 PM Rating: Decent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,246 posts
Can't wait to see their stock prices plummet. I mean, look at the hits it took when he was just getting treatment. Now he's out of the picture all together? Yaay no more smug iPhone users.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#16 Aug 26 2011 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,041 posts
Tyrrant wrote:
I saw this on the news and the first thing my wife says is "Who is this retard?".

Your wife should probably pay more attention to the news.

Nilatai wrote:
Can't wait to see their stock prices plummet. I mean, look at the hits it took when he was just getting treatment. Now he's out of the picture all together? Yaay no more smug iPhone users.

Yup, stocks are sure plummeting when they're up on the day by ~2.6%.

Jobs hasn't been running Apple for the past six months, during which the company recorded it's best fiscal quarter ever.

Love all the Apple hate around here. It's really, really funny.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#17 Aug 26 2011 at 7:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
599 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Yaay no more smug iPhone users.

Yeah, really. They remind me of British atheists.
#18 Aug 27 2011 at 12:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,061 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
Love all the Apple hate around here. It's really, really funny.
To be fair, some of us don't really hate Apple. We've just had bad experiences with Apple users. Smiley: tongue




My only real opinion on Apple itself is that its products are overpriced. Like Alienware.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#19 Aug 27 2011 at 1:54 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,540 posts
Poking fun at a ridiculous (though successful) company isn't hatred so much as a sign of internet boredom.

Edited, Aug 27th 2011 2:56am by Allegory
#20 Aug 27 2011 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
Allegory wrote:
Poking fun at a ridiculous (though successful) company isn't hatred so much as a sign of internet boredom.

Edited, Aug 27th 2011 2:56am by Allegory


Screenshot


Screenshot


Screenshot


Artists rendition of what other signs of internet boredom may look like.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#21 Sep 14 2011 at 9:05 PM Rating: Default
2 posts
can any one tell why did he resign ?
____________________________
BANNED
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 54 All times are in CDT
Kavekk, Timelordwho, Anonymous Guests (52)