Hit and run so you can't run or be pushed back to interrupt your shooting, Ranged to be reworked as auto attack while out of range but engaged. Bow, arrow, and quiver should be seen on your back. Ballista people can run around you and still attack, but you have to be facing them, and you can't move, despite the fact that your the "Hunter".
1. Ranger should have a natural movement speed increase as a job trait 7 tiers. Each one increasing footman speed by 2%. Ranger is the tracking job, wide scanning would be cooler if when we hunted it wasn't such a boring slow walk. Bst should get up to Tier V.( yeah I'm thinking about you)
2. Be able to lay traps like the Rats in Aht Urghan. Would certainly be cool doing something hunters do...
3. Auto Regen I-V, ranger is still the main pulling job even after all this time. No Evasion, no defense, no increased movement speed. It's a ranged job, give us some survivability. Don't get me wrong, I could lay waste to some birds as a RNG with an Obow and some **** bolts. Still, it's so situational. Give us something to help us to survive naturally. BST should get up to Tier VII, and a form of quick rest.
4. Camouflage should last longer and for a set duration, first shot pulling a mob, shouldn't drop camouflage effect. Also, any Ability used while camouflaged should keep you invisible unless it's to attack with melee weapons or front shot.
5. Make barrage Insant, instead of preparatory. We have too many prepatory abilities and not enough instant JA's. Traps should be prepatory, but we don't have that.
6. Make bounty shot, shadowbind give tp even if doesn't do DMG. Lower both timers to 3 minute each. Allow you to still shoot mobs without shadowbind wearing off. Shouldn't last for any longer than a minute anyway,
7. Velocity shot makes normal attack slower and weaker, which is fine, just if you do a melee WS increase the tp return so it might be worth doing. Add a job trait that increases melee tp return for RNG, should we run out of ammunition.
8. Give us options to use with our tp, that isn't WS. Add some special shots that do status effects, that are similar to corsair quick draw, minus needing cards, or charges. Just a natural recast timer of 1 minute per, does minor DMG instantly, but interesting status effects. Of course I know about the amazing ammo we have. Fire, ice, wind, earth, lightning, kabura, demon arrows. Bloody, holy, acid, venom, and blind bolts. All very useful, but both venom and blind could use a duration extension. They wear off by the time I finish my full macro switch rotation of the 5 bolts. Just 20 seconds longer on each status effect is all I ask of you aren't going to add new JA's. Perhaps a JA that doubles, triples potency of a special ammo?
9. Increase throwing weapons, like grenades, boomerangs. Abilty to throw like Drg Angon, without having the grenades equipped in our slot somehow so tp doesn't go away.
10. Give ranger a hawk. Does small DoT DMG, flies really fast (flee speed), but dies easy (I'm thinking 1/6th wyvern HP.). Allow it to track and pull a target back to me, from a long distance. Give RNG reward to feed it like a bst. It serves no purpose other than pulling far distances without getting hurt. Give it a 10 minute recast time to resummmon.
11. Have Eagle Eye Shot give like 50 tp, and a special RNG attack increase(special ammo potency?) for set amount of time, with little enmity.
12. Make Scavenge always pull up something, seriously make that a 1 minute Timer. I've yet to meet a billionaire who's main plunder was fire sand and crude arrows.
13. Dual wield I.
14. Evasion bonus I, II, and a raise in Evasion Skill for the love of Altana, like to at least C+ they treat us like we're not even close to being a real rogue type job.
SE needs to quit being stingy. I've played countless MMO's where I've had more abilities by level 20. Than a maxed level melee in this game.
Edited, Dec 10th 2012 3:42am by Evokerofsorts