I read the stickies. If it's in there, I missed it.
I've been leveling BLM lately. I'm coming up on level 51 and I'm confused about what the stats do. Blm damage output seems to be about Elemental Magic Skill, Magic Attack, and Intelligence.
Elemental Magic Skill seems to be the Accuracy stat. Prevents resists and lessens spell interruption.
Magic Attack seems to be a damage multiplier placed in a ratio with the target's Magic Defense.
And I can't tell exactly what the hell intelligence does. All I know is that when I stack it my blm is full of win, and when I don't I die constantly.
So, the questions:
1) What does int do, exactly?
2) What order of preference should I stack stats? I was thinking Elemental Magic Skill > Magic Attack > Int, but I'm not sure as I don't know how to measure the importance of int.
3) Is there a cap for how much any of these three I would need? I know, for example, that most bards get to +30 charisma and call it done.
4) I'm going to need a filler gear set, pieces that allow me to swap for the best results while casting. For example, if I'm casting Freeze, I don't need the AF legs (which boost dark magic). Would I want something int based such as errant, or something with Magic Attack and Accuracy such as the Cobra set?
5) Does Magic Attack matter at all for Dark Magic or Enfeebling Magic?
Thanks in advance.