This info is what I've been able to glean so far from the Osaka event. Also updated the OP to include additional info from below.
2hr (For the duration, both White and Black magic is enhanced. Also allow use of War Scrolls without using charge)
White Grimoire (1min recast - Gives skill boost to Divine/Healing/Enhancing skills)
Black Grimoire (Most likely 1min recast - Gives skill boost to Enfeebling/Elemental/Dark skills)
??? (Ability increases any DoT damage on target while halving effect time)
War Scrolls (Ability to use magic effectively during corresponding Grimoire)
- ??? - (Allows use of next WHM magic at half MP cost)
- ??? - (Allows use of next WHM magic at half cast/recast time)
- ??? - (Allows increased effectiveness of next WHM magic)
- Divine ??? - (Allows Curing or Enhancing single-target spell to become AoE spells. Most likely MP cost 3x, Spell Recast 2x)
- ??? - (Allows use of next BLM magic at half MP cost)
- ??? - (Allows use of next BLM magic at half cast/recast time)
- ??? - (Allows increased effectiveness of next BLM magic)
- Elemental ??? - (Allows Enfeebling or Dark-based single-target spell to become AoE spells. MP cost 3x, Spell Recast 2x)
By default Scholar main has 3 charges at 4:00 recast. You can mix-and-match War Scrolls, ie. you can use 2 charges, one half-cast one AOE-cast, on the same spell, but you'd be left with 1 charge left and have to wait 4:00 before you regain a charge.
Half-cast spells fire at 37.5% or so. Stoneskin casted at roughly 3.5 sec or so in the demo.
Weather-changing spells are considered Black Magic. Scholar will also get access to new DoT spells that are supposedly more powerful than existing ones.
Edited, Nov 16th 2007 11:44am by RealityBytes