Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

What would you like to see for your job: Dragoon Edition!Follow

#1 Sep 29 2012 at 3:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Since the job forums have been pretty inactive for awhile, I thought I'd start a new topic in each devoted to things you'd like or wish that Square Enix would do with each job. They can be legitimate things you'd like to see, or they could be absurd, and, while they can be, they don't have to be any serious or groundbreaking changes you think each job needs, just something you think would improve them a bit in some form. Just try to keep the topic clean and drama free (emphasis on try). Just have some fun with this and let your ideas soar.

I still think, even with recent improvements such as Steady Wing and the "leveling up" process, that our Wyverns are still just too squishy. I think an additional boost that should be given to Wyverns for our upcoming new two-hour ability should be a duration of invincibility to go with it, just so that it doesn't get one-shotted right after you used your two-hour to boost its breaths.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#2 Sep 29 2012 at 5:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,176 posts
From what I understand it does have invincibility with it. Them changing the relics aftermath would be nice, it's possibly the most useless of all the relics especially with that duration and it rarely ever procs stun. Of course changing Geirskogul to a str mod would also be nice.

Splitting jumps would be great, though I don't know where I would put it on my macros. I think the wyvern is just about right in terms of survivability, maybe an additional -10% DT for a total of 50% would make it perfect. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff later.
____________________________
Helldemon
Siren
Gungnir: O
#3 Sep 29 2012 at 11:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,233 posts
I'd like to see Jumps on separate timers.

That thing where your wyvern charges up a breath and the mob dies and he just kinda stops like an idiot.
____________________________
Philemon on Valefor
Gjallarhorn 4/17/08
Daurdabla 5/9/11
Carnwenhan 5/4/12
Ryunohige 10/29/12
#4 Oct 01 2012 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,176 posts
I actually believe they just fixed that this update when they fixed the same issue with summoners BP:wards not going off for the same reason which is the reason it wasn't on my list. Pretty sure my wyvern still used HB two different times after the mob died mid-way. Possible he was just close enough to get it off anyways so can't be sure, would need to test a couple more times.

Nope, I was wrong

Edited, Oct 4th 2012 4:46am by heldemon
____________________________
Helldemon
Siren
Gungnir: O
#5 Oct 01 2012 at 8:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,398 posts
Imo call wyvern should just have no cooldown. I suggested this in the feedback section and got a lot of hurrdurr "keeping wyvern alive = balance" or some weird outdated thinking.

Edit: i should add that i actually enjoy the mechanics of keeping my wyvern alive, i just feel like the whole thing is sort of outdated. Just let us have our pet fulltime, its not like drgs are topping parses left and right. And anyway, usually the bigger problem is player death leading to no wyvern for remaining cooldown duration.

Jumps on seperate timers would be great, and i believe i read a recent interview with matsui where that was mentioned as a thing in the works

Edited, Oct 2nd 2012 3:54pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#6 Oct 03 2012 at 3:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,176 posts
Looks like I was wrong, still get the problem with HB not going off if a mob dies :(
____________________________
Helldemon
Siren
Gungnir: O
#7 Oct 03 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
**
981 posts
Reduce call wyvern to like... 1 minute or remove it all together, and remove the wyvern "level up" system (where you call out your pet and have to kill 5-6 things before your pet is useful... and doesn't get one-shot as easily) and just let it START at the level it gets to after all the stupid wyvern level-up stuff.

I mean look at these retarded requirements: Call pet out, Pet dies. Ok. This happens. Now what?

Wait over 20 minutes, because when you actually call out your pet, you have to go fight a handful of meaningless battles to "level up" your pet for the next few minutes before you can actually engage in a meaningful fight again... And god forbid your pet die at that point, you'll have to start over.

Honestly, people like DRG, it's a fun job, but the whole "pet constantly dying and needing to level it up before use" BS needs to GO AWAY. At the end of the day EVERY DRG out there can say "Hmm, do I really want to carry 5 helms for macros that won't do anything once my pet inevitably dies and leaves me hanging... or do I just want to come as a different job?". This is why no one plays DRG right now, it's not because the job isn't capable, it's that the job is frustrating due to it's inability to sustain consistant gameplay. Why even give a DRG a wyvern if the thing is just going to be balls-out-weak and dissapear half the time you are playing.
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#8 Oct 04 2012 at 2:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,176 posts
Have you played drg at all recently? The lvl up system is very nice, the wyvern is not useless before it lvls. It still has a lot of survivability without it. You no longer need to fight anything to lvl your wyvern up either. If your wyvern is constantly dying you are doing something wrong.

The job isn't played as much because jobs like war and drk can out DD us easily. I've seen drk's putting up 7-8k+ resolutions in VW, wars similar with other ws or higher with resolution with mighty strikes in addition to the DoT they already do. Best I've done in VW with stardiver is a little over 4k while some drks can avg 5500.

Not that I am saying the Call Wyvern timer shouldn't be reduced or eliminated(which I doubt considering bst and pup) but your reasoning's aren't valid anymore. Llester brought up the real reason the timer is a huge annoyance now.

Edited, Oct 4th 2012 4:28am by heldemon
____________________________
Helldemon
Siren
Gungnir: O
#9 Oct 04 2012 at 10:54 AM Rating: Excellent
**
571 posts
I would like to see a change in pet model.

Let gungnirs (they need all the help they can get) and ryunohiges get a wyvern upgrade.

Why not?
____________________________
TaruTempleofFlesh
~
You have drg, blu, mnk, nin, war and blm? Can you come bard? Come bard.
#10 Oct 04 2012 at 10:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,205 posts
Kind of wanted to expand on the pet model idea. Kind of new to DRG (I played it more way back in the pre-abyssea days, but picked it up again recently), but it's something I always thought would be neat for the job.

When you unlock the job you get the wyvern as a baby. Why not have it sort of age/morph as you level? By the time you get to 99 it could end up being like the gray wyverns you find wandering around Riverne, or could instead be more like the ones in Abyssea Tahrongi people like to snap pictures of (I forget what they're called, they're lower to the ground and walk on four legs). So basically, they all start as the little blue flying wyverns, but evolve into different models of dragon as you level. Which models you get could be randomized per person as you unlock the job and hatch your wyvern.

I don't know if they'd go so far as to give each model their own unique abilities (might be tough to balance something like that), or just keep it aesthetic, but it'd be cool anyway.
____________________________
~TaruTaru~
PUP99 WHM97 DNC96 DRG88
~Carbuncle~
#11 Oct 05 2012 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,180 posts
Quote:
Let gungnirs (they need all the help they can get) and ryunohiges get a wyvern upgrade.


Not everyone around here is gonna get that, but let me just say here, I got it. >_>
#12 Oct 05 2012 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
Let gungnirs (they need all the help they can get) and ryunohiges get a wyvern upgrade.


Not everyone around here is gonna get that, but let me just say here, I got it. >_>


Makes me a sad panda.

Screenshot


Edited, Oct 5th 2012 12:16pm by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#13 Oct 06 2012 at 10:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,176 posts
Allow Relic/Emp ODD and AF3 set bonus to proc on Jumps.

Edit: Allow angon's def down to stack with gungnirs def down.

Edited, Oct 7th 2012 9:58pm by heldemon
____________________________
Helldemon
Siren
Gungnir: O
#14 Dec 08 2012 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
38 posts
Dragoon should feel more more like a dragon slayer. I think a couple additions could be creative and helpful to Drg in a very rare way. Keep in mind I'm trying to maintain the idea of dragons being the original royal guard. Feeling that, giving them magic spells like signet, sanction, and sigil and finally Lancer crest would be a really cool addition. It doesnt do anything extra, shouldnt even cost mp. It would be cool because dragoons are the defenders of nations and have the honorable

Signet spell level 40. Mp cost 10 mp. Casting time 2 seconds.

Sanction spell level 60. Mp cost 10 mp. Casting time 2 seconds No Regen, no refresh, and no food increased duration.(or maybe randomized.) first cast Regen, second cast refresh, third cast increased meal duration.

Sigil spell level 80. Mp cost 10 mp. Casting time 2 seconds

Lancers crest level 90. Mp cost 10 mp. Casting time 2 seconds gives nation bonus depending on region.

These 4 spells will share the same timer. Should be like 10-15 seconds,

I feel dragoon should get a base of mp, 3 mp every level. By 90 that's 180 mp. Puny amount, would be amazing for Drg with a Mage sub. But this just for people who feel they should have access to healing abilities. Of the wyvern, on a more frequent rate. Restoring is just a free mp cost healing abilty. Give dragoon more survivability if they were to be fighting by themselves, without a subjob.

Give them a job trait to gives them a defensive bonus when hit by dragon breathe attacks, give them. Glowing aura. I think distinctions like this would be amazing in further separating DD's from methods of survival, I know they have job abilities that lower targets attack, defense, as well as resistances. Samurai's vs demons, paladins vs undead, dark knights vs arcana. Give them enhanced enmity gain when fighting these types. To give a better focus of these jobs lore sort of.


Give them quests where they have to kill dragons across Vanadiel. Upon completing gives them access to casting, signet, sanction, sigil, and finally a spell that is all 3. No additional powers are granted to it. They share a timer of like 10 seconds, each one starting at.

Giving signet, sanction, and sigil isn't game breaking. In fact every npc knight within range of a player without a nation buff should automatically bestow it. At entrance of a city, outpost, anywhere that has knights. Do away with the god awful wall of text, unless they want items, or warp they shouldn't be bothered with that.






Edited, Dec 8th 2012 6:24pm by Evokerofsorts

Edited, Dec 8th 2012 6:30pm by Evokerofsorts
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#15 Dec 10 2012 at 5:28 AM Rating: Excellent
I disagree about Dragoons giving the ability to give Signet, Sanction, or Sigil out to other players in their party for multiple reasons. For one, Dragoons (and most other Knight classes for that matter) aren't tied to the protection of nations as you say. They all have defining roles that make them what they are, and the defense of a nation isn't that. Dragoons are dragon slayers, and their traits and abilities are aimed towards that end. Just because there were some Dragoons in the past that did defend nations, doesn't mean that it was a definable role for them. If you look at Campaign and all the NPCs involved, there were just as many Warriors, Black Mages, etc that protected nations, so why not give them the ability to give out Signet and the like too? Not to mention, if you want to follow what was established in the story, Blue Mages should be ones to give out Sanction, since the elite soldiers of the Aht Urhgan Empire were the Immortals.

Dragoons originate from Adoulin, and while we don't know much about the area yet, there's nothing saying that they're some nation guarding class or anything. All we know is that they're draketamers. If abilities were given to define their class, it should be for the Dragon slaying aspect, not some notion that they actively defend cities and nations because they're knights.

Secondly, the sources of Signet, Sanction, etc, are so prevalent in their related areas that it's a rather unnecessary thing to give to a job or a few jobs to use.

Third, why make it something that should be automatically bestowed to someone as they come close to those NPCs? There are plenty of reasons someone may not want those effects, so it should be up to the player to choose whether or not he wants it, not given to them automatically because they strayed a bit too close to an NPC.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#16 Dec 10 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
38 posts
Why would a player not want the effects of signet, sanction, or sigil?
#17 Dec 10 2012 at 2:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
38 posts
You're right, I was looking over this and kinda gagged at this atrocious idea of mine. I do think that we should be givin small dragon hunting missions.just talk to an npc gives us a key item, go to a zone, and have to track the dragons location, similar to how you have to track pixies in the past.

All dragons are different, some impose lvl sync functions, others turn off subjobs. Things like that, call for help and the dragon immediately flies away. Make you only able to fight if you are a Drg, and assist is turned off. Cool things like that, rewards could small things, resistance to a certain element of breathe attack.

Edited, Dec 10th 2012 3:04pm by Evokerofsorts
#18 Dec 10 2012 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Please do not multi-post like that. If you're the last one to post in a relatively active topic, and you want to add something new to it, please just edit the previous post. While multi-posting isn't strictly against the rules (within reason), it's something generally frowned upon.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#19 Dec 24 2012 at 1:13 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,270 posts
Honestly, Id want to see one of 2 things happen. One is simple, other not so much.

Lazy SE idea:
Give Drg either:
-JA haste in some form besides 2hr: Would untie us from /sam and thus able to /war again to sorta fix our atk deficit issues vs other DDs to bring us up to par a bit.
or
-atk boosting ability so we can /sam and not have the worst atk of any 2hander DD job in the game.
Bonus: remove drakes atk penalty.

Non-lazy solution
Fix the **** enmity system and number of other issues that have shoehorned every strat to zerg zerg zerg so drg can rightfully take its place as the high damage (not highest), low enmity DD.

It worked surprisingly well at 75 with the longer fights and actual tanking. Drg could, very quietly, do lots of damage for very low risk, and with nice acc. That was great and I loved it. Now were just another DD in a sea of DDs fighting for the last spot in a party for the zergy zerg world. 1st slot for drk, 2nd for war (for the damage+cor buff enhancements) and all the sam/mnk/drg etc all vying for the precious 3rd slot in 3xDD, brd, cor, whm and variants. This is dumb and no fun, and unless you ahve a mythic there is no way you can even compete with the other DDs for raw damage output. Believe in the heart of the job all you want, but drg was never intended to out-muscle the top dogs, but it had other mechanics that made it valuable for endgame. Those mechanics (enmity) are completely busted, and solo is nearly as useful as it once was. The abilities drg had that made it good in groups (enmity) are busted. The abilities it had low man/solo are basically irrelivant (wyvern cures). So we are now just a 2nd string DD.

Thus I would like to see either a fix to the broken systems that drg was based on so it regains its niche, or if SE is to lazy/cant fix those broader issues, then pump us up to be relevant in the DD rat race without needing a mythic to keep up with a hoarfrost drk. Id much rather see the former because that was what appealed to me many long years ago. Drg/mage low man and medium damage, low risk (low hate) DD.
____________________________
Aanalaty, Mithra of San d'Oria
99Thf/99Drg/99Rng/95Pld/Secret Job 92
Bonecraft-100+3 7/29/08
Lu Shangs-5/28/08
Twashtar-90
Ryunohige-75: 1/7/2012
Mandau-75: 3/9/2012

Maat-1/1 Thf Meleed (pansies steal)
Some of mah gearz: http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Aanalaty#item-sets
Join 'People Against The Heart Snatcher' and help put Thfs on the right P.A.T.H.S. today!
#20 Jan 03 2014 at 4:28 AM Rating: Excellent
With 2013 behind us and 2014 just starting, what would you like to see come to the Dragoon job? Has Adoulin changed your favorite Dragon Knights in a way that you do or don't like? Is there an unresolved issue that you think they still need to fix?

Edited, Jan 3rd 2014 5:50am by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#21 Feb 02 2014 at 12:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Well, they're finally doing something good for Gungnir, so I'm definitely all for some of these changes. They just need to make a better Aftermath.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (13)