Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Tranquil HeartFollow

#1 May 03 2011 at 2:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
From the official forum we had a small message about a new Job Trait. I wonder if this is a way of letting RDM and SCH have cure V? Maybe even PLD. The part which interests me is

Quote:
"*The level indicated is that at which the trait will initially be obtained. Trait effectiveness will subsequently increase at higher levels."


Tranquil Heart WHM Lv.21/ RDM Lv.26/ SCH Lv.30 - Reduces enmity gain when casting healing magic.
#2 May 03 2011 at 6:28 AM Rating: Decent
I don't understand where you are going with this line of logic?

All I see is a job trait that reduces emnitity of cures that increases in effectiveness as those jobs goes up in level.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#3 May 03 2011 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
**
279 posts
Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
I don't understand where you are going with this line of logic?

All I see is a job trait that reduces emnitity of cures that increases in effectiveness as those jobs goes up in level.

I think because we get it at such a low level, by near 90, the enmity- should be very huge? Maybe/Possibly near -50Enmity? Depends, really..
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#4 May 03 2011 at 12:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
46 posts
Many people, (RDMs specifically) believe that because SE is adding this trait, that they will change the hate generated by each cure. They then might remove the lower hate generation from Cure V and making it more in line with what a cure that powerful should be while keeping the hate generated for a WHM about the same due to the new trait. This opens up the possibility of SCH, RDM, and PLD getting cure V which SE probably believes is overpowered for SCH and RDM due to the small amount of hate it generates.


Not saying I agree or not, just what others are hoping for.
#5 May 03 2011 at 8:45 PM Rating: Good
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
It's a WHM tanking nerf, duh.
#6 May 03 2011 at 9:30 PM Rating: Good
**
279 posts
JofJAX wrote:
Many people, (RDMs specifically) believe that because SE is adding this trait, that they will change the hate generated by each cure. They then might remove the lower hate generation from Cure V and making it more in line with what a cure that powerful should be while keeping the hate generated for a WHM about the same due to the new trait. This opens up the possibility of SCH, RDM, and PLD getting cure V which SE probably believes is overpowered for SCH and RDM due to the small amount of hate it generates.


Not saying I agree or not, just what others are hoping for.

I'm actually one of those people that believe they shouldn't get Cure V, but.. yeah, i'm barely on my RDM and SCH anymore, heck, my RDM is still 88. I really just did never like it if they did get Cure V, i dunno why :/. But, yeah, that's just me, and my silly opinion. lol.
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#7 May 04 2011 at 12:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
I'm actually one of those people that believe they shouldn't get Cure V, but.. yeah, i'm barely on my RDM and SCH anymore, heck, my RDM is still 88. I really just did never like it if they did get Cure V, i dunno why :/. But, yeah, that's just me, and my silly opinion. lol.


Because RDM getting the next tier of nukes while being restricted to the same Cures as anyjob/WHM makes total sense.

Hell, at 96+, Cure 4 will be /RDMable along with Haste. If that's still all the RDM mains can use at that point, I'm going to be extremely ****

Edited, May 4th 2011 2:51am by Fynlar
#8 May 04 2011 at 1:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
957 posts
My only gripe with other jobs getting Cure V is that something needs to be done with Cure VI. The jump from Cure VI to V is pretty huge, but going from V to VI is almost unnoticeable.
It's really only useful as a double-up of cure V. And even that is somewhat meh, as its huge recast means it's not always available, and constantly relying on it is just subpar.

Cure VI is certainly not living up to what cure V meant to us at 75 (Or at 99...). Cure V is still our best cure, and I'd like something out of giving away our best asset.

____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#9 May 04 2011 at 6:25 AM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
My only gripe with other jobs getting Cure V is that something needs to be done with Cure VI. The jump from Cure VI to V is pretty huge, but going from V to VI is almost unnoticeable.


I used to say this too, but after attaining capped Cure potency, I would have to say the difference between the two spells DOES become quite noticeable, at least inside Abyssea.

Problem is, outside Abyssea, Cure 6 is almost always an overcure. Player HP just hasn't climbed up high enough.
#10 May 04 2011 at 8:14 AM Rating: Decent
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
My only gripe with other jobs getting Cure V is that something needs to be done with Cure VI. The jump from Cure VI to V is pretty huge, but going from V to VI is almost unnoticeable.


I used to say this too, but after attaining capped Cure potency, I would have to say the difference between the two spells DOES become quite noticeable, at least inside Abyssea.

Problem is, outside Abyssea, Cure 6 is almost always an overcure. Player HP just hasn't climbed up high enough.


This use to be the problem with cure V>.>

Anywho I can definately notice it if I happen to be stacking mind. Even without cap cure potency An old lsmate and I found that the number cap on cure VI seems to be 1.4k. Unless some major coincidense happen that his capped cure potency and my intense mind build managed to drop us with the same results. While our cure Vs were doing somewhere between1-1.1k.(His was higher then mine)

So still only having a 300 hp difference for something almost twice the mp still pretty meh.

I've always thought they should just give a capped cure V to scholar and rdm. Something that caps around 600 hp before cure potency.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#11 May 04 2011 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
957 posts
Fynlar wrote:
I used to say this too, but after attaining capped Cure potency, I would have to say the difference between the two spells DOES become quite noticeable, at least inside Abyssea.


Eh, capped cure pot doesn't push VI away from V significantly (Since V also benefits from it). It's the extra MND you're getting that can push it, since V should have already hit diminishing returns at 75.

But still, with about +80MND on top of my gear, Cure VI is only going from 200ish to 350ish over cure V. Which means that at 99, it's still going to be crap, unless we can somehow get around +400MND <_<

I'm pretty sure someone posted the maximum cure possible, which was with a brew. VI was around the 1.8k mark. It's kind of underwhelming to know that a brew is needed to get to the amount that it should be curing normally.

Anyways, my point still stands. They really need to make it attractive, and turn it into our most sought-out cure (Like V is to us). They can make it cure in the 1.6-2k range, make it's cast/recast much lower, or simply make it cost the same as V. Pick two.

____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#12 May 04 2011 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
The biggest problem Cure 6 faces right now is in non-Abyssea play. Inside Abyssea, it's fine, it has a purpose, and it's actually usable. Outside, it becomes impractical for several reasons - the MP cost, which is a little bit above what you'd expect from this spell; and the fact that it's almost always an overcure anyway, being the two biggest reasons.

Quote:
They can make it cure in the 1.6-2k range,


I'm doing 1500~ with it already, I'm fine with this. After capping cure potency, it became a significant enough jump over Cure 5 (which does around 1050~ for me in the same setup) to make it actually distinguishable.

Quote:
make it's cast/recast much lower,


Being able to utilize Cure 5/6 together mostly eliminates the need for this, which would remain one of WHM's biggest advantages if these other jobs were to just get Cure 5 only.

Edited, May 4th 2011 3:02pm by Fynlar
#13 May 04 2011 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
**
697 posts
Not really sure what we're gonna get outta Tranquil Heart, but I think the discussion in this thread so far addresses something that is more of an issue outside the WHM forum.

As a career WHM main, Cure III and Cure V are the only 2 cures I use simply from the enmity and efficiency. Outside Abyssea my cure V's are just above 1050 hp without day or weather. And I agree, for the most part Cure VI is junk, and Cure VII would also be junk unless it generates the enmity similar to Cure V.

"There can be only one", should apply to WHM. In my estimation, no job should be able to cure as well as WHM... period. We have a very narrow focus, healing and buffing is all that we do, it's not like we can solo NMs, enfeeble or nuke and heal like either of the other 2. Maybe it makes most sense that a group needs just 1 WHM or 2 of any other job to cover this area. That is the downside of being a jack of all trades and master of none.

I an not opposed to them getting a Cure V. But I would be opposed to giving either job a Cure V that is as potent or with as low of an enmity as ours, or for that matter even close. Not opposed to them being able to bump it up with cure potency items, but I would like to see the enmity scale directly with hp cured. Seriously, this allows them the ability to cover an emergency cure bomb, while requiring them to careful modulate its use. There is no way I want to see WHM reduced to a second class job as it was during the "lolibri burn" era, and giving RDM and SCH the same Cure V that we have will do just that. Both jobs have a wider focus.

WHM is, was, and should always be, far and away the best and most preferred healer in this game.
____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
R.I.P. Cindy 2.26.56 - 4.18.13
~She made a difference~
#14 May 04 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,759 posts
Unless SE adds another +25% in Cure Potency gear for SCH and RDM, you don't have to worry about anything.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#15 May 04 2011 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
Unless SE adds another +25% in Cure Potency gear for SCH and RDM, you don't have to worry about anything.


That, and the fact other jobs would (hypothetically) not be able to cycle C5/6, is going to have them still stay behind WHM in terms of raw healing output in a pinch in Abyssea (the race is admittedly tighter outside of Abyssea, but then again, it always was).

Not to mention that WHM is still packing Sacrifice/Esuna (which are STILL woefully underused IMO, at least as far as my observations of other WHMs go... even Sacrifice by itself is a godsend on more NMs than I can count, particularly with the whole lowman/1-or-2 melee approach that is king nowadays)
#16 May 04 2011 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
957 posts
I don't think you're getting my point. My point is that there is no sensible reason to prefer using Cure VI over Cure V right now. It's not a spell that other jobs can look up and say "Well WHM's are still better because they get VI". Heck, only reason why it would probably be OK for other jobs to get V is because they can't push V that high.

It gets forgiven inside abyssea, but from an efficiency standpoint it is still better to V first and cover the gaps with other cures. And 1.5k with maximun gear is underwhelming. Maximun gear should be well pushing Cure VI near the 2k range if it had followed the pattern of any other cure.

As for the recast, it's too high. I find myself solo healing a bit too much, and end up alternating V/VI. I always find VI to not be ready for the second round, and end up having to do a IV. So it can't even function for sheer curespam either.

Edited, May 4th 2011 10:38pm by Drakonite
____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#17 May 04 2011 at 10:06 PM Rating: Good
chewzer wrote:
Unless SE adds another +25% in Cure Potency gear for SCH and RDM, you don't have to worry about anything.


Actually sch can cap cure potency if I remember my numbers right..

22 staff
3 head
5 legs
5 hands and feet
10 belt(Using light weather)
5 back(I am not 100% sure twilight cape works with it that way but I am gonna list it anyways)
3 neck

53% there with twilight. 48% without. 38 without weather for rdm. That's only 12% there lol.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#18 May 05 2011 at 3:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my opening post. I don't really see how WHM can keep Cure V exclusive, however much I enjoy the popularity of the job right now. I can see WHMs being given higher levels of Tranquil Heart than SCH or RDM. SCH isn't going to come into its own again until it can haste with /RDM really (and I love the job). That isn't until 96 so we're not talking about any time before December. Right now I'd almost say inside Abyssea SMN is a better healer than RDM because of its defensive and curative bloodpacts. Whenever I RDM inside Aby, I want to jump straight back to WHM, the difference is so significant. Outside of Abyssea RDMs versatility makes it more powerful.

If they remove the static ENM cost on Cure V then it becomes a powerful tool for PLDs too. Albeit an expensive one.

I spam IV, V and VI in Abyssea but then I tend towards capping -ENM along with Cure potency (be it with Atma or gear) and I find I use them all constantly. On WHM, 3 simply doesn't cut it anymore and Minnikin+ ?SCH means MP is never a worry. Outside of Abyssea its a different story.

If they give PLD the opposing job trait to Tranquil Heart, give WHMs a higher level of it and open up Cure V to RDM and SCH it will help everyone. Despite me wanting to clutch Cure V to myself and say WHM onry.

#19 May 05 2011 at 3:22 AM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
I don't think you're getting my point. My point is that there is no sensible reason to prefer using Cure VI over Cure V right now.


I use it all the time (in Abyssea), because I can. And the fact that it is now a notable improvement over Cure 5 *has* been helpful on several occasions for me.

Quote:
As for the recast, it's too high. I find myself solo healing a bit too much, and end up alternating V/VI. I always find VI to not be ready for the second round, and end up having to do a IV. So it can't even function for sheer curespam either.


Psst, Haste.

WHM has no place to be whining about Cure recast issues, really. Try playing DNC and then get back to me.
#20 May 05 2011 at 4:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
957 posts
Quote:
I use it all the time (in Abyssea), because I can. And the fact that it is now a notable improvement over Cure 5 *has* been helpful on several occasions for me.


Like I said, being terribly inefficient is only forgiven because of abyssea. And even there it can become a problem if you're not sporting full MP atmas and use it as your main cure (Which would never happen with V). I made that mistake once, thinking that I could replace every V with a VI just cuz "MP didn't matter".

Heck, you wouldn't even be seeing 1500ish if not because of the extra 100ish MND attainable in abyssea. Not like an extra 450 is anything impresive, Cure V+IV will still net you more HP with less.

And the recasts are, again, being compared to our previous modus operandi. It just can't function as your main cure if it's only available nearly as often as you can cast haste. Yes, being hasted helps, but catching a slow, forgetting to cast it, or being weak render it nearly uncastable.
Also, being compared to a DNC's cure doesn't help, because we all know that recast are the main reason DNC cures are not that reliable.



Edited, May 5th 2011 5:44am by Drakonite
____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#21 May 05 2011 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Hmm. I don't agree with all of this. One thing though is it does illustrate our issue with EAF which is we've lost a metric ton of haste gear. Before EAF we had haste on hands/feet and often head. My experience is that I use IV, V and VI constantly within Abyssea and III, IV and V outside.

VI isn't almost uncastable. Especially when subbing SCH. The recast timer is a bit crappy and I really miss my haste setup for walmart/blessed hands/legs even with some fast cast gear but I get by just fine. I certainly don't use multiple max MP atma either.

Cure VI isn't quite the jump it would have been useful to have had but the issue is the ludicrous heights to which your HP can soar inside Abyssea compared with the more mundane areas of Vanadiel.
#22 May 05 2011 at 8:21 AM Rating: Excellent
**
253 posts
eldelphia wrote:
Hmm. I don't agree with all of this. One thing though is it does illustrate our issue with EAF which is we've lost a metric ton of haste gear. Before EAF we had haste on hands/feet and often head. My experience is that I use IV, V and VI constantly within Abyssea and III, IV and V outside.

VI isn't almost uncastable. Especially when subbing SCH. The recast timer is a bit crappy and I really miss my haste setup for walmart/blessed hands/legs even with some fast cast gear but I get by just fine. I certainly don't use multiple max MP atma either.

Cure VI isn't quite the jump it would have been useful to have had but the issue is the ludicrous heights to which your HP can soar inside Abyssea compared with the more mundane areas of Vanadiel.


I miss my Haste setup for Cures too ;; You are right that Walmart head and Blessed Legs have effectively been replaced in Cure setups by AF3 head/legs. For hands though, I idle in Serpentes and Cure/stat-na in Blessed Mitts +1 and Blessed Pumps +1 because I simply don't feel I can keep giving up Haste/Enmity - in sacrifice of higher Cure pot (i.e., if I had both Serpentes pieces on for cures). I find that I have less problems chaincasting Cure V/VI because of the extra Haste.


Edited, May 5th 2011 10:21am by Poltergeist27

Edited, May 5th 2011 10:22am by Poltergeist27
#23 May 05 2011 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
How about to balance cure VI make the mp cost more reasonable , but keep the cast/recast the same and add a 10~15% enhanced cureskin that stacks to it over the other cures. This way it would be useful inside abyssea where you need the extra hp and outside where hp bars are much lower.
#24 May 05 2011 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
Like I said, being terribly inefficient is only forgiven because of abyssea.


MP/heal efficiency is only one factor of healing (and as we all know, basically a non-factor in Abyssea once properly set up)

HP/time is another efficiency factor that I think a lot of people here are forgetting.

Quote:
Heck, you wouldn't even be seeing 1500ish if not because of the extra 100ish MND attainable in abyssea.


A Cure that high usually isn't even needed anywhere besides Abyssea, anyway.

Quote:
Cure V+IV will still net you more HP with less.


And it would take more time to do so, too. Positives and negatives.

Quote:
And the recasts are, again, being compared to our previous modus operandi. It just can't function as your main cure if it's only available nearly as often as you can cast haste.


It *shouldn't* be your main cure anyway. Hell, when we only had Cure 5, that wasn't our main cure either. It should have been mixed up.

Quote:
Also, being compared to a DNC's cure doesn't help, because we all know that recast are the main reason DNC cures are not that reliable.


It was meant to remind you how good WHMs actually have it and how they really have no room to complain about Cure recasts. Once Cure 6 starts imposing its recast delay on ALL your Cures, then you can start ****

As it is, not only does Cure 6 thankfully NOT work that way, we even have numerous viable means to reduce its recast if we don't like where it's at. DNC can get a AMK helm that drops its recasts by 2 seconds, or use its 2hr. They have no other options.

Edited, May 5th 2011 4:54pm by Fynlar
#25 May 06 2011 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
***
2,180 posts
As far as rdm needing cure5 goes, it's really a lot easier to heal people with magic fruit than cure4 - better recast and the potency isn't hard capped. If it weren't for the party-only limitation and people being petrified of requesting it, blu would be a better general healer than rdm right now.
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#26 May 06 2011 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,210 posts
And yet despite that, RDM is still a perfectly capable main healer outside of Abyssea. I realize Abyssea is pretty much the entire game right now, but it hasn't been that way for long and probably won't be for a lot longer. It's just the newest, hottest thing. The huge HP pools in Abyssea are what killed RDM's ability to main heal, nothing else was even a contributing factor.

Also, comparing DNC's healing to WHM's healing is like comparing COR's nuking to BLM's nuking.
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#27 May 06 2011 at 9:40 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
Also, comparing DNC's healing to WHM's healing is like comparing COR's nuking to BLM's nuking.


That's kind of the point.

Listening to a whine about Cure recasts is like being the COR, whose nuking ability is vastly restricted by Quick Draw recast and has no workaround, and having to listen to a BLM complain about the recast on Blizzard V when they have a zillion other spells to nuke with.

Edited, May 7th 2011 12:05am by Fynlar
#28 May 07 2011 at 9:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
144 posts
Typically, I agree with Fyn about many of the things that he espouses. The same is true of Perg and Eldelphia, and many of the other venerable White Mages who have posted in this thread. However, this time, there are two distinct sides to an argument. I feel that the majority of posters, myself included, agree that Cure VI is extremely underwhelming. Cure V absolutely, unarguably had a place at level 75. Even now, at level 90, Cure VI does not, when you're outside Abyssea.

I understand that the last four words are a critical modifier to that sentence, but they are truth. Cure V had a place in Limbus, Dynamis, Einherjar, experience situations, and virtually any other challenging moment in the game. Cure VI is truly a convenience, and a luxury, that is afforded us only by virtue of the God mode that we turn on every time we get visitant status.

The recast, which is offensively long, absurd MP cost, and general inefficiency actually led me to declare that I would never use it. I'll admit that the declaration was made when I first learned the spell. When Augur's Gloves and an Orison Cap +2 were all that I wanted out of the game. When getting that first Lunar Abyssite changed everything.

Certainly since then, I've cast the spell more times than I can count. I use it liberally, but it's just a means of filling in the gaps between Cure Vs. That's all it is, and I truly think anyone who claims otherwise is stubbornly holding on to some insane concept that bigger, shinier, newer stuff is better.

It's not better. It sucks. There are myriad ways to fix it. Make our Healing Skill actually uh, I don't know, do something? I feel that Elemental Skill suffers almost the same malady. Ninjutsu Skill does something for the damage of a nuke, but the skill associated with the job that is most representative of magical damage does nothing for the actual damage of those spells? Fine, resists, whatever. Argue that side of it all you want; cling to that foolishness, if you choose.

On topic, Tranquil Heart, quite frankly, **** me off. Give me the option to turn Job Traits on and off, and I'll be just fine with it. I've driven the standard model of White Mage until the bolts are falling out, and this:
Quote:
It's a WHM tanking nerf, duh.

Is my problem with it. This is immediately obvious to anyone who has ever enjoyed this aspect of the job, and it's annoying as hell. We're being forced to play the game the way that Square wants us to play it. There's little enough Enmity + gear available to White Mage for tanking to begin with and this drives a pretty big nail into the coffin of the concept.

Unfortunately, the really disgusting part of the whole thing is that it's not just killing a niche and frequently unused subsection of White Mage, it's also giving a giant middle finger to all the Paladins who are skilled and wise enough to recognize when /RDM (and rarely /WHM) would be a superior choice to the standard /NIN or /WAR.
____________________________
-~-~-~Tarutaru Powah-~-~-~

Funny Facebook statuses!
#29 May 07 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
684 posts

I was curious as to how efficient Cure VI is compared to Cure V, and the results I found are rather unsettling.

Given 79 MND 68 VIT and 276 healing magic skill omitting cure potency gear, Cure VI heals for approximately 805 HP. Put on an additional 50% in cure potency brings it to 1207 HP. The exact same stats and cure potency using Cure V restore 967 HP. Dividing the amount of HP healed by the spell costs gives Cure V 7.16 HP per MP and Cure VI 5.32 HP per MP.

Crosschecking the efficiency of Cure VI against other Cures using the same stats, I've discovered that it is the LEAST most efficient cure, even Cure I is better (where as Cure II was oddly the second worst).

Cure VI 5.31 HP/MP
Cure II 5.88 HP/MP
Cure 6.13 HP/MP
Cure III 6.35 HP/MP
Cure IV 6.65 HP/MP
Cure V 7.16 HP/MP

These figures could obviously shift at higher tiers of Mind; however, I haven't the time to do those tests at the moment. Ultimately though, I think SE over killed the cost of this particular spell.
____________________________
Teiei of Lakshmi (formally of Garuda)
Tarutaru Male from Windurst
Favorite Job: White Mage
Jobs currently at Level 99:
ALL the Jobs!!!
#30 May 09 2011 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
*
234 posts
This job trait doesn't so much give me hope tht RDM and SCH will get Cure V, but it gives me hope for PLD. Before update, despite having better curing, PLD wouldn't really want to use Cure V for tanking. If they give PLD a trait that's reverse of this, then maybe PLD can get Cure V but instead add emnity.
#31 May 10 2011 at 9:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
I have capped cure potency (actually like +60 or something but I just stick with 50) and somewhere in the +30 something mind range in my cure setup. I have all of the abyssites of furtherance, and I also use atma of allure, so a pretty decent +MND when I cast them.

Generally my Cure V does 11XX and my Cure VI does 14XX

I am going to have to agree that it is quite underwhelming and really only useful if you need to cure bomb and cure v is down whilst inside abyssea. I think my highest non divine seal cure vi was 1690 in abyssea. Unless you just want to blow all of your mp outside of abyssea, since part of playing white mage is managing and getting the most of your mp pool, you have no use for the spell. I love the Cura spells (and wish we had Cura 2 much earlier, Cura + Esuna + Archaic Gears = Happy Annalise in salvage) because of their crazy efficiency. Cure VI makes me sad.

Granted, my AF3+2 pants really offset the cost of cures, most notably with a full cure v (though a curaga iv in the right setting can practically pay for itself with those pants). And you really get the most out of those pants by not overcuring, which also stabs the mp efficiency of cure vi a little bit since you're most likely to overcure with it.

Outside abyssea I can get by with Cure IV's for ~690 if I need them as well if cure v is down, so that helps a little.

Oh, and on a side note, did anyone else notice that Tranquil Heart is learned by each job at the level they learn Cure 3?
#32 May 10 2011 at 11:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
176 posts
Quote:
Outside abyssea I can get by with Cure IV's for ~690

Can you show your gear for that? I have capped potency too, and I get lower-600's.

According to Furen's Cure Calculator you shouldn't be able to get 690 from Cure IV until you have like 350 MND...

Or, try putting in:
MND 250
VIT 250
Skill 500
Potency 50

Cure IV = 681

...lol?
____________________________
~ Mjollnir Lv.90 ~ Rya's Site ~ Rya's Videos ~
#33 May 11 2011 at 4:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
Maybe it's a mistake because in abyssea my sch can only get 700s w/ 48% cure pot and 15% from weather.
#34 May 11 2011 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
Quote:

Can you show your gear for that? I have capped potency too, and I get lower-600's.

According to Furen's Cure Calculator you shouldn't be able to get 690 from Cure IV until you have like 350 MND...

Or, try putting in:
MND 250
VIT 250
Skill 500
Potency 50

Cure IV = 681

...lol?



Maybe I'm thinking of my Abyssea Cure IV on lightsday then or something (I use light obi on lightsday) and not my outside cure. It was late and I'm sick, my apologies. Mine must be in the low 600's too then outside Abyssea. I haven't been playing much lately so it's kinda looking back rather than recent memories
#35 May 12 2011 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
957 posts
Quote:
It *shouldn't* be your main cure anyway. Hell, when we only had Cure 5, that wasn't our main cure either. It should have been mixed up.


Cure V was, and still is, our main cure. Being the main cure has never implied not using the others.

____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#36 May 13 2011 at 2:46 AM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,183 posts
Quote:
Cure V was, and still is, our main cure. Being the main cure has never implied not using the others.


It is now, but in the past Cure 4 was definitely my "main cure". And no, I'm not just saying that because I was RDM a lot of the time back then.

And I never implied that having a main cure meant not using the others o_O
#37 May 19 2011 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
*
217 posts
Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
chewzer wrote:
Unless SE adds another +25% in Cure Potency gear for SCH and RDM, you don't have to worry about anything.


Actually sch can cap cure potency if I remember my numbers right..

22 staff
3 head
5 legs
5 hands and feet
10 belt(Using light weather)
5 back(I am not 100% sure twilight cape works with it that way but I am gonna list it anyways)
3 neck

53% there with twilight. 48% without. 38 without weather for rdm. That's only 12% there lol.



The boosts from the belt and back are calculated separately, so they don't figure into cure potency.

There is also roundel earring, which brings both sch and rdm to 43%. Zenith boots can get an augment of up to 4%, so paired with augur's gloves, rdm can get up to 46% cure potency.

Smn can reach 50% cure potency with facio bliault.

Edited, May 19th 2011 4:27pm by Khiinroye
#38 May 19 2011 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
Sch can't even use roundel
#39 May 20 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Decent
Dantedmc wrote:
Sch can't even use roundel


Yeah I found that out while researching cure potency stuff for that post. A little bug in the back of my head said to double check that earring. Glad I did. Followed by WHAT THE @#%^ WHY IS PUP ON IT BUT NOT SCH.


Any who, in a rare moment, I am with fyn on the cure IV as my main cure. Back in the day when it wasn't SPAM @#%^ING CURE AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN ON ALL THE DDS SO THEY CAN LOL TANK. I was extremely good at knowing my hate line. I exploited that knowledge to be the most mp efficient with cures. I am also good at predicting enemy AI(In any game) so if I was worried that hate might be an issue I let my tanks hp drop low enough for it to be effective to use a cure V. **** i think I used curaga III more then I used cure V. Especially fighting gears in salvage.XD


Edit: Also, while I don't own one. I am pretty close to being absolutely sure that belt at the very least boosts cure potency. I am almost positive I've seen it used in dynamis during lights day.

Edited, May 20th 2011 10:16am by Laxedrane
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#40 May 20 2011 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
Also, while I don't own one. I am pretty close to being absolutely sure that belt at the very least boosts cure potency. I am almost positive I've seen it used in dynamis during lights day.
I think he means it's not part of the 50% cure potency cap. Using the belt and twlight cape, you're able to reach more than 50% cure potency since it should act as a multiplier rather than added to your cure potency gear.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#41 May 23 2011 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
eldelphia wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my opening post. I don't really see how WHM can keep Cure V exclusive, however much I enjoy the popularity of the job right now. I can see WHMs being given higher levels of Tranquil Heart than SCH or RDM. SCH isn't going to come into its own again until it can haste with /RDM really (and I love the job). That isn't until 96 so we're not talking about any time before December. Right now I'd almost say inside Abyssea SMN is a better healer than RDM because of its defensive and curative bloodpacts. Whenever I RDM inside Aby, I want to jump straight back to WHM, the difference is so significant. Outside of Abyssea RDMs versatility makes it more powerful.

If they remove the static ENM cost on Cure V then it becomes a powerful tool for PLDs too. Albeit an expensive one.

I spam IV, V and VI in Abyssea but then I tend towards capping -ENM along with Cure potency (be it with Atma or gear) and I find I use them all constantly. On WHM, 3 simply doesn't cut it anymore and Minnikin+ ?SCH means MP is never a worry. Outside of Abyssea its a different story.

If they give PLD the opposing job trait to Tranquil Heart, give WHMs a higher level of it and open up Cure V to RDM and SCH it will help everyone. Despite me wanting to clutch Cure V to myself and say WHM onry.



I agree with every statement in this post.

I also agree with the complaints about Cure VI. More than anything the MP cost needs to be cut in my mind. The recast on the spell is too long, but I don't mind it because I think most of us just use the spell to fill in time between Cure V casts. I don't believe that our highest tier cure need necessarily be the cure we use most often. As for the potency of the spell, the new end game content is not going to sport Abyssea-like HP pools, then the spell is already overkill as it is. If we are going to have to continue healing 4000k HP melees from now until when the lights go off, then it should heal for a bit more.

I understand the need to keep WHM as the preeminent healing job. There's no doubt that it should be. But as someone who plays both SCH and RDM, it seems a bit ridiculous that my SMN can heal just about as well Abyssea as /WHM. You can say the same about BLU too. And given that SCH's addendum gives the tier V nukes, it seems only natural that Cure V would be in addendum: white. I think tweaks should be made to the Afflatus JTs and some of the WHM spells like Auspice to keep it ahead.

Quote:
Yeah I found that out while researching cure potency stuff for that post. A little bug in the back of my head said to double check that earring. Glad I did. Followed by WHAT THE @#%^ WHY IS PUP ON IT BUT NOT SCH.


Welcome to the world of being a SCH. I've lost count of how many items in this game that every mage is on a piece of gear BUT SCH yet somehow PUP or BRD gets placed on them. That is in addition to the BLM/SCH & RDM/SCH exclusion on certain pieces as well. I think the set bonus for Savant's should have been "May equip gear that they should have been put on in the first place."
____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
#42 May 24 2011 at 9:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
Quote:
Any who, in a rare moment, I am with fyn on the cure IV as my main cure. Back in the day when it wasn't SPAM @#%^ING CURE AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN ON ALL THE DDS SO THEY CAN LOL TANK. I was extremely good at knowing my hate line. I exploited that knowledge to be the most mp efficient with cures. I am also good at predicting enemy AI(In any game) so if I was worried that hate might be an issue I let my tanks hp drop low enough for it to be effective to use a cure V. **** i think I used curaga III more then I used cure V. Especially fighting gears in salvage.XD


Even better on gears is Cura and Esuna with misery. Not enough white mages use that in salvage =(
#43 May 25 2011 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
****
4,210 posts
**** yeah, Cura was made for those gears. About the only time I use it really...
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#44 May 25 2011 at 8:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
Cura was **** in the mire too on spongilla flies. A few other things, too
#45 May 27 2011 at 3:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Annalise wrote:
Quote:
Any who, in a rare moment, I am with fyn on the cure IV as my main cure. Back in the day when it wasn't SPAM @#%^ING CURE AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN ON ALL THE DDS SO THEY CAN LOL TANK. I was extremely good at knowing my hate line. I exploited that knowledge to be the most mp efficient with cures. I am also good at predicting enemy AI(In any game) so if I was worried that hate might be an issue I let my tanks hp drop low enough for it to be effective to use a cure V. **** i think I used curaga III more then I used cure V. Especially fighting gears in salvage.XD


Even better on gears is Cura and Esuna with misery. Not enough white mages use that in salvage =(



Nothing in Salvage hits hard enough anymore lol... Einherjar I found it useful.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)