There are 2 fishing pools though, regular and schools of fish you found using the skills. Some fish you can only hook in schools.
Thank you for the information KindjalFerrer. I got into the fishing job late in Beta3 and found it very frustrating at first until I earned a few levels with spearfishing. By the time they closed the servers, I got my fishing to L.15 and my cooking to L.8. I was having a lot of trouble with Alchemy for some reason. Any tips on raising Alchemy from what I catch from fishing? I also have a few more questions.
* Did you find enough variety of crystals and shards from just fishing alone?
* Did you find any Tier-2 spearfishing areas?
* How many Tier-1 spearfishing spots did you find? I only found three.
* Were you able to get a upgrade to your fishing pole? Did you notice a difference in fishing with it?
* Did you use the same type of bait or a variety of types?
* Do you have some additional information of "schools of fish"?
For the final i will stick to Fisherman, Culinarian and Alchemist and do Botanist on the side when i don't have much time.
I'm planning on going Fisherman, Culinarian, CONJ and THM. But I don't want to start the mages until I reach L.10 in fishing and cooking. But I am interested in Alchemy. Any tips would be greatly treasured. Edited, Aug 28th 2010 9:09am by rubina