- The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief.
- The new LFR loot system will allow everyone to roll individually. Upon winning a roll, if the boss has an item that you can use, you will win it. It will only be in LFR to begin with, but can be added to other parts of the game later.
- An 11th character slot has been added.
- AoE Looting has been added.
- There will not be an item squish in Mist of Pandaria.
- No new race models are ready to be added yet.
- There will be nine level 90 heroics for players as well as three raids with 14 raid bosses and three difficulties. There will be an additional two world bosses.
- Scenarios will take place at level 90, in an instance, and reward reputation and Valor points. They don't need a healer, tank, and DPS, just DPS is fine. Each will take 10 to 30 minutes to complete and five or more will be available for launch.
- In Challenge Modes, the vast majority of players will most likely earn a bronze medal even if they are a relatively unskilled player. After a player earns all the medals at the Bronze level, they will be rewarded with an achievement and title. Completing all of the Silver medals will earn a set of spectacular gear for transmogrification, and completing all of the gold will earn a unique epic flying mount. Challenge modes will be available for the six new dungeons at launch.
- Cloud Serpents are the Pandaren's mount of choice. You can raise your own by doing 20 days of daily quests.
- Warlocks got the most class changes in MoP, along with new pets.
- There will be more mounts and less color swaps for different rewards.
- They are adding armor to creatures to give them varied appearances, something other than just simple color changes.
- There are now seven zones, up from five. This was done to add more content to the game and give players a less linear progression path so that leveling for a second or third time isn’t the exact same.
- There will be one new arena and two new battlegrounds at launch.
- PvP pet battles are going to be fun and causal, only tracking the number of wins and not the number of losses. When fighting another player, you cannot see the other players name or communicate with them.
- Currently, every race except Goblin and Worgen can learn the ways of the monk.
- The Pre Mists of Pandaria Patch will be roughly two weeks before launch and bring simple rewards. It might involve a scenario with Theramore and the Alliance vs Horde theme. Chen Stormstout might also come to the local cities and get players excited about what is coming.
Female Pandaren model. Female Pandaren concept art.
Here is the full, huge, original post.
Edited, Mar 19th 2012 3:08am by IDrownFish