Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

SE mobile game (not All the Bravest)Follow

#1 Jan 30 2013 at 9:34 PM Rating: Decent
Hey guys, don't know if I can post this here, if not then Wint please delete. If it is allowed, then I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on a game called Guardians Cross by SE. I've been playing it for a few months and liked it so far. It's a card battle mobile app for iOS and I think Android also; fun if you're a pokemon/collector type like me. If you download it, you can put a code in and you and I both get extra stuff. The code is: EG62306. Yes, I would like you to add the code if you download the game, but I really think some of you will like it.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#2 Jan 31 2013 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
So I did all that, tried it, am rather disappointed thus far. I was expecting an actual card game... so far it's just a really generic shooter that allows you to earn cards... then automatically generates a battle between them. Is there ever an actual card game here?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#3 Jan 31 2013 at 1:04 AM Rating: Decent
**
922 posts
Kachi wrote:
So I did all that, tried it, am rather disappointed thus far. I was expecting an actual card game... so far it's just a really generic shooter that allows you to earn cards... then automatically generates a battle between them. Is there ever an actual card game here?


I can't tell ya; website says android support; but I don't see that >.> Wish it would come out already lol

Edited, Jan 30th 2013 11:05pm by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#4 Jan 31 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
@Kachi

Sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like Tetra Master or Triple Triad. It's really more of a Pokemon setup, collecting the various cards and leveling them up, without choosing the actual moves. Cards with some classic FF creatures, especially the stronger cards. I enjoy it simply because I have collecting tendencies and like to walk around with my uber cards.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#5 Jan 31 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Right, so it's not a card game, but a game where you win cards. And here I thought SE was doing something cool.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#6 Feb 01 2013 at 1:07 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Be honest... are you a Facebook friend spamming us with a new, SE-branded Farmville?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#7 Feb 01 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Be honest... are you a Facebook friend spamming us with a new, SE-branded Farmville?


SE is adding Farmville-like components to XI.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#8 Feb 02 2013 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
catwho wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Be honest... are you a Facebook friend spamming us with a new, SE-branded Farmville?


SE is adding Farmville-like components to XI.


Please tell me they're not micro-transaction based. I wouldn't be able to stand that. It would feel like some greedy robber uprooted the body of an old, dead friend with designs of making him into a puppet for public display...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#9 Feb 02 2013 at 11:11 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
catwho wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Be honest... are you a Facebook friend spamming us with a new, SE-branded Farmville?


SE is adding Farmville-like components to XI.


Please tell me they're not micro-transaction based. I wouldn't be able to stand that. It would feel like some greedy robber uprooted the body of an old, dead friend with designs of making him into a puppet for public display...


Naw. The idea is that you can purchase a plot of land and farm it. It's like mog house gardening on a bigger scale. To get bigger plots, adventures must help conquer more jungle areas. Or something.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#10 Feb 02 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
catwho wrote:
The idea is that you can purchase a plot of land and farm it... To get bigger plots, adventures must help conquer more jungle areas.


Well that sounds rather nice, actually -- although it does sound a bit like promoting rainforest destruction, lol. But my problem with Farmville (and its ilk) was never so much the farming part of it. :P
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#11 Feb 02 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
I dunno, I like the way this one is set up. You have 50 battle points, each field battle takes 5 points, you regenerate 1 point every 3 minutes. To get more cards you hunt, which is a point-push fps sort of setup. Hunting uses tickets, which you get 1 free per day and mobs drop them, along with colisseum passes, which are used for the pvp fights (which are also generated, you're not making choices against them in real time or anything.) It's paced well enough for me that I can get on it for 30 mins - 1hr a day, then leave it alone for another day without having to spend real money on anything. I don't need another 3hr time crunch on my hands atm.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 136 All times are in CST
feelz, HugeTiny, Hyrist, reptiletim, TorisaX, Anonymous Guests (131)