Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

"It" froze over. Lalafell bust size is coming.Follow

#1 Jan 29 2013 at 8:02 PM Rating: Good
**
919 posts
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/59791-A-question-about-lalafells-in-ARR?p=947571#post947571
Quote:


In A Realm Reborn, female Lalafell will have the ability to adjust their bust size and males will have additional options to customize their ear style (moreso than what was available in version 1.0).



Edited, Jan 29th 2013 6:03pm by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#2 Jan 29 2013 at 8:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Jan 29 2013 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,078 posts
Huh. The joke in XI was that my Tarutaru is a D cup, but now in XIV it could actually be a reality, eh?

I'm still switching over to Roegadyn. I want to actually see the gear I have on.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#4 Jan 29 2013 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,143 posts
Titty-Lalas. The next step in evolution after Teletubbies. \(^u^)/

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 9:17pm by Rinsui
#5 Jan 29 2013 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,353 posts
The loli crowd has spoken appereantly. I could care less to be honest.
____________________________

#6 Jan 29 2013 at 10:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Elionara wrote:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/59791-A-question-about-lalafells-in-ARR?p=947571#post947571
Quote:


In A Realm Reborn, female Lalafell will have the ability to adjust their bust size and males will have additional options to customize their ear style (moreso than what was available in version 1.0).



Edited, Jan 29th 2013 6:03pm by Elionara



That's just nasty! -- I mean seriously... who needs to adjust their ear size even more??? (teeheehee)
#7 Jan 29 2013 at 10:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,610 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Titty-Lalas. The next step in evolution after Teletubbies. \(^u^)/


Can I call them chichi-lalas instead?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#8 Jan 30 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
*
91 posts
Now the "if I'm going to look at an ass all day" argument can devolve into the even more asinine "if I'm going to look at a pair of tits all day..." At least I'll be able to distinguish who the males masquerading as female avatars are.
#9 Jan 30 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
*
119 posts
Chromanin wrote:
Now the "if I'm going to look at an ass all day" argument can devolve into the even more asinine "if I'm going to look at a pair of tits all day..." At least I'll be able to distinguish who the males masquerading as female avatars are.


I hear that Chromanin... If only every male picked a male character. (In Martin Luther King's voice) I have a dream... for MMORPG's... that when I turn around, and look at a female character... that she is actually a female, playing that character. Oh, I have a dream... lol
#10 Jan 30 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Have we learned nothing from Tera!?

SE, I really want to try and give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but... but you make it so hard one me sometimes, you know?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#11 Jan 30 2013 at 2:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
636 posts
Ahahahaha. I'll admit that's pretty damn weird, but I play a hyur, so whatever. I don't care.
____________________________
FFXIV: Broken Fox / Excalibur
#12 Jan 30 2013 at 4:15 PM Rating: Good
***
1,267 posts
I honestly don't care. I don't see why anyone does. Midgets with tits, big deal.
____________________________
Eithne Alasdair - Ultros
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#13 Jan 30 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
19 posts
Transmigration wrote:
I honestly don't care. I don't see why anyone does. Midgets with tits, big deal.


I think the "BIG" deal is more about midgets with back problems and wheelbarrels equiped in the weapons/chestpiece slot not just the proven fact that female midgets have tits ......as i believe i read in science digest or saw in a popular poll on the web.....Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
#14 Jan 30 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,174 posts
I wonder if anyone will notice how pretty a female lalafell's eyes are anymore. Smiley: rolleyes
#15 Jan 30 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,078 posts
We're all probably overreacting anyway.

The sizes will be: Mosquito Bump, Training Bra, AAA, AA, and A 1/2.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#16 Jan 30 2013 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,067 posts
Jeez, I thought my guy running around in tight silver "swimwear" was weird. If you add boobs forget the Lala,Loli or Taru we're getting in the gnomes area.Smiley: dubious The bigger the breast in FF games the lower int cap and the less potent the magic so It'll even out in the end.Smiley: lol
____________________________





#17 Jan 30 2013 at 10:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,078 posts
Warmech wrote:
Jeez, I thought my guy running around in tight silver "swimwear" was weird. If you add boobs forget the Lala,Loli or Taru we're getting in the gnomes area.Smiley: dubious The bigger the breast in FF games the lower int cap and the less potent the magic so It'll even out in the end.Smiley: lol


Lulu contradicts that.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#18 Jan 31 2013 at 12:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
catwho wrote:
Warmech wrote:
The bigger the breast in FF games the lower int cap and the less potent the magic so It'll even out in the end.Smiley: lol


Lulu contradicts that.


Wakka makes up for it, though, ya?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#19 Jan 31 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
catwho wrote:
Warmech wrote:
The bigger the breast in FF games the lower int cap and the less potent the magic so It'll even out in the end.Smiley: lol


Lulu contradicts that.


Wakka makes up for it, though, ya?


God I hate you, I read that in his voice.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#20 Jan 31 2013 at 1:06 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,157 posts
catwho wrote:
The sizes will be: Mosquito Bump, Training Bra, AAA, AA, and A 1/2.
Oh, I just got back from AA, eh.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#21 Jan 31 2013 at 4:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,174 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
catwho wrote:
The sizes will be: Mosquito Bump, Training Bra, AAA, AA, and A 1/2.
Oh, I just got back from AA, eh.


There's a joke about Canadian bra sizes in there somewhere. Smiley: lol
#22 Feb 01 2013 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
209 posts
I instantly thought of Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife.

-shudder

Lalafel?

/panic motion
/panic motion
/panic motion

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 5:06pm by Catrim
____________________________
Catrim Boudain - Selbina, Gridania

"He who looks for the ridiculous in everything shall find it"
#23 Feb 01 2013 at 5:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,174 posts
Catrim wrote:
/panic motion
/panic motion
/panic motion


/panic motion... now with breast physics...

Quote:
Q: Will my character's chest be bouncy?
A: In programming terms, so-called "skeletons" are implemented around the characters breasts. So, yes, they will move.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1353376463306753659
#24 Feb 01 2013 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
don't like the idea of being able to make the lalafells "sexy"

I guess it's to attract those creepers who play Elins on TERA??

I prefer FFXI tarutaru where they clearly werent human. now they just look like little kids, and now theyll be sexualized little kids. wonderful.
____________________________
MUTED
#25 Feb 01 2013 at 6:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Poubelle wrote:
don't like the idea of being able to make the lalafells "sexy"

I guess it's to attract those creepers who play Elins on TERA??

I prefer FFXI tarutaru where they clearly werent human. now they just look like little kids, and now theyll be sexualized little kids. wonderful.


So...don't play a lalafell? Problem solved?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#26 Feb 01 2013 at 6:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
you cant tell me what to do

male lalafells are fine theyre not sexualized at all

OH CRAP!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qRgJrLPuXg

I hope 2.0 doesnt also introduce lalafell male bulges!

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 7:19pm by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#27 Feb 01 2013 at 6:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Poubelle wrote:
you cant tell me what to do

male lalafells are fine theyre not sexualized at all

OH CRAP!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qRgJrLPuXg

I hope 2.0 doesnt also introduce lalafell male bulges!

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 7:19pm by Poubelle


Well it was more of a suggestion to be fair Smiley: smile
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#28 Feb 01 2013 at 6:30 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
well the problem is I like Lalafells so saying dont play one is kind of a bad suggestion. i just dont want 'em to be sexy..

its not a big deal for me though... will probably get creeped out if some lalafell has big ol breasts and butt/thighs though, like those creepy elins

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 7:32pm by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#29Theonehio, Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:39 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You're better off playing a western MMO where most female characters are generally ugly as sin then.
#30Poubelle, Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:39 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) what does that have to do with anything I said? you retard
#31 Feb 01 2013 at 8:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Poubelle wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Poubelle wrote:
well the problem is I like Lalafells so saying dont play one is kind of a bad suggestion. i just dont want 'em to be sexy..

its not a big deal for me though... will probably get creeped out if some lalafell has big ol breasts and butt/thighs though, like those creepy elins

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 7:32pm by Poubelle


You're better off playing a western MMO where most female characters are generally ugly as sin then.


what does that have to do with anything I said? you retard


Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#32 Feb 03 2013 at 2:44 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,610 posts
Am I the only one who has nightmares about chichifells?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#33 Feb 03 2013 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,143 posts
Quote:
Am I the only one who has nightmares about chichifells?

Presumably.
Say, sometimes you dream about beardy dwarf women?
#34 Feb 03 2013 at 6:48 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,610 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
Am I the only one who has nightmares about chichifells?

Presumably.
Say, sometimes you dream about beardy dwarf women?


It's the character model that throws me off. They don't look like they have joints and they're all straight lines, no curves. Creepy.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#35 Feb 06 2013 at 2:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
26 posts
While its disturbing, it did always bother me that both Tarutaru/Lalafell genders shared the same character model, the only real difference being their faces and hair. To me, it made both genders feel much more androgynous than I would have liked. I'm glad the female Lalafell are getting some female curves to actually promote their gender.

Edited, Feb 6th 2013 3:38am by DevilFruit
#36 Feb 06 2013 at 6:36 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
DevilFruit wrote:
To me, it made both genders feel much more androgynous than I would have liked. I'm glad the female Lalafell are getting some female curves to actually promote their gender.


"Promote their gender?" For god's sake, we have every other race to do that (and certainly whatever future ones they add in, too)!

It always has to be some kind of low-cut top, waist-less armour, bikini bottom, or bare thigh leggings for the ladies (you know, because even though you need plate armour for the fight, any girl would rather expose some vital organs than risk being slightly less provocative in a life-or-death battle). It was nice to be rid of that sort of attitude, even in a small part, every now and again.

I thought Tarutaru/Lalafell androgyny was one of the few commendable aesthetic decisions the team had made, and to see them implementing this rather strange change leaves me just shaking my head at it all.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#37 Feb 06 2013 at 9:28 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
[quote=DevilFruit]I thought Tarutaru/Lalafell androgyny was one of the few commendable aesthetic decisions the team had made, and to see them implementing this rather strange change leaves me just shaking my head at it all.


That's how I feel too. It's probably not that bad but I don't want Elins in FFXIV with sexual midget characters. I know the whole argument 'WELL THE LORE SAYS THEY'RE ADULTS' but it's kinda just creepy. and I always though lalafells and tarutaru were really cute and innocent. like they shouldn't have had any 'sexy' qualities.

Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm thinking in my head, the min to max slider is just super flat to flat
____________________________
MUTED
#38 Feb 07 2013 at 2:47 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,610 posts
Poubelle wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
[quote=DevilFruit]I thought Tarutaru/Lalafell androgyny was one of the few commendable aesthetic decisions the team had made, and to see them implementing this rather strange change leaves me just shaking my head at it all.


That's how I feel too. It's probably not that bad but I don't want Elins in FFXIV with sexual midget characters. I know the whole argument 'WELL THE LORE SAYS THEY'RE ADULTS' but it's kinda just creepy. and I always though lalafells and tarutaru were really cute and innocent. like they shouldn't have had any 'sexy' qualities.

Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm thinking in my head, the min to max slider is just super flat to flat


I think the change is more to make female lalas stand out from the males. Even in XI, for the longest time I thought the taru that had the blonde to red ponytail was a female.

I also think that people overreact a bit when it comes to Elin. I guess there are people out there who might like that sort of thing, but to me they look like adolescent girls. One might call it cute, but nothing about that is sexy Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#39 Feb 07 2013 at 3:48 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,143 posts
Quote:
I also think that people overreact a bit when it comes to Elin.


Say again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pyi40aIU8Y
#40 Feb 07 2013 at 4:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
I also think that people overreact a bit when it comes to Elin.


Say again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pyi40aIU8Y


I think you just found the worst thing on the internet. Congrats!
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#41 Feb 07 2013 at 4:15 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
Wint wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
I also think that people overreact a bit when it comes to Elin.


Say again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pyi40aIU8Y


I think you just found the worst thing on the internet. Congrats!


That is the tamest thing Elin video you will find...

I paid for that game TERA for a little while, there was really gross @#%^philes in the global chat. talking about sexual things with <age10 girls. very descriptive stuff.. so I had to leave that community. I know that not all the elin players are like that, but many were, and the game def attracted those type of people.

I don't think lalafell will attract that crowd, or I hope not, but I wish they wouldnt add anything sexual to make the @#%^philes as least interested as possible! lol

(feel free to delete if I'm being too descriptive about what I experienced on TERA, the nightmare is fresh in my mind because I re-downloaded the free to play version recently. Same things still in global chat, uninstalled. not to mention the game is pretty bland outside combat)

Edited, Feb 7th 2013 5:17am by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#42 Feb 07 2013 at 10:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,078 posts
I never signed up for TERA because of the Elin. They were that bad.

Lalafelle are different, though. They've got rounded bodies like the Tarutaru did, making them more cuddly than sexy. It's like chibi art in anime - even when the chibis are given sexually dimorphic features, there's way more cute than there is smexy to them.

Edited, Feb 7th 2013 11:54am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#43 Feb 07 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
***
3,610 posts
I'm surprised to find people so sensitive about it. If you find Elin too sexy, it's probably a signal that there may be something wrong and you should seek counseling.

As for the global chat, well... it gets the same treatment that it did in FFXI, WoW and any other MMO. Attaching a label on the entire community for the actions of a few bad apples is just as fair in TERA as it is in any game; XI and XIV are no different in this respect.

I'd be inclined to agree that TERA is bland outside of combat, but combat is the focus of the game. That's like saying that an amusement park is pretty bland outside of the roller coasters. Ya think? Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#44 Feb 07 2013 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
178 posts
3 things haters will never stop hating on in MMOs...

1. "Guy makes girl character = automatic pervert". If a guy makes a female character, it does not mean he wants to be a female in RL. It also does not mean he made the character to oogle at its female features. He might just think that a female with a sword can be just as badass as a male holding a sword (this should be a good thing, right? Males accepting females as equally awesome on the battlefield.). Some of the best video game characters can be women too (i.e., General Beatrix - FF9, Lara Croft, Lulu - FFX <3 ).

2. "Grown man/woman makes lala/elin/next little race in next big game = automatic wierdo". If an adult makes a "little person" character, it does not mean they want to be a kid in RL. It also does not mean they want to be with a kid in RL. It could mean they think something 2 feet tall tanking a mob 2 stories tall is an awesome sight. It also might mean that they think something 2 feet tall swinging a weapon 5x their size is also an awesome sight. It also could very well mean said player is smart and realizes that small targets are harder to hit in pvp - I'm looking at you Galka/Roegs come ARR PVP :P.

3. If a human makes an animal character, it does mean they want to be an animal in RL. It also means they want to be with an animal in RL. I am quite frankly disgusted with all these people that are ok with those making animal characters and staring at their backsides all day. Stripping down to their undies and oogling at their furry tails and perfect little paws. Did you know that some Popolian outfits in Tera are bottomless??? Yes, bottomless...so disgusting. Anyone who makes animal characters should be outcasts in the community and accused of RL beastiality. I'm tired of all you haters not fighting the sicko Animal Avatar Offenders!
#45 Feb 07 2013 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,602 posts
scorleone wrote:
3 things haters will never stop hating on in MMOs...

1. "Guy makes girl character = automatic pervert". If a guy makes a female character, it does not mean he wants to be a female in RL. It also does not mean he made the character to oogle at its female features. He might just think that a female with a sword can be just as badass as a male holding a sword (this should be a good thing, right? Males accepting females as equally awesome on the battlefield.). Some of the best video game characters can be women too (i.e., General Beatrix - FF9, Lara Croft, Lulu - FFX <3 ).

2. "Grown man/woman makes lala/elin/next little race in next big game = automatic wierdo". If an adult makes a "little person" character, it does not mean they want to be a kid in RL. It also does not mean they want to be with a kid in RL. It could mean they think something 2 feet tall tanking a mob 2 stories tall is an awesome sight. It also might mean that they think something 2 feet tall swinging a weapon 5x their size is also an awesome sight. It also could very well mean said player is smart and realizes that small targets are harder to hit in pvp - I'm looking at you Galka/Roegs come ARR PVP :P.

3. If a human makes an animal character, it does mean they want to be an animal in RL. It also means they want to be with an animal in RL. I am quite frankly disgusted with all these people that are ok with those making animal characters and staring at their backsides all day. Stripping down to their undies and oogling at their furry tails and perfect little paws. Did you know that some Popolian outfits in Tera are bottomless??? Yes, bottomless...so disgusting. Anyone who makes animal characters should be outcasts in the community and accused of RL beastiality. I'm tired of all you haters not fighting the sicko Animal Avatar Offenders!


Why can I only rate this up once?!
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#46 Feb 07 2013 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,143 posts
@scorleone
I consider skimpy clad female-only pre-teen races whose only sounds is different shades of moaning eerie.
And concerning this opinion, I care little about whether you also do or don't.
I hope they stay in TERA, a game which I would have given a try if it wasn't so stinking of cheap gaudy flash all over.

Read FilthMcNasty's signature. It's part of a longer discussion about mixing boobs and icecream.
I like both, and I like the latter on the former, but I don't like the former mixed in every single sort of the latter.
I guess you get my drift.

Quote:
Why can I only rate this up once?!

Because she/he (although I'm pretty confident it's the latter - I must be a mentalist) is using a partial similarity as an
argument in a discussion that is not about the general appropriateness of female, animal, or midget characters.
One rate up for "nice try" is acceptable, but more would mean you actually fell for the sophism.


Edited, Feb 7th 2013 5:27pm by Rinsui
#47 Feb 07 2013 at 4:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,602 posts
There's a ton of judgment attached to someone's selection of MMO avatar that just plain doesn't belong there.

I played a Tarutaru in FFXI.. at no point while I was playing that game was I a short child with an enormous head and long pointy ears. It wasn't representative of me at all. I chose that race because I liked the way it looked and it had a racial pre-disposition toward the job I wanted to play (black mage). My roommate played a Mithra paladin... work that one out.

If you, yourself, find a particular style of character to be unappealing, that's your choice. Don't project it onto others. And it's a petty reason to reject an entire game. For instance, if I rejected FFXI because it contained a race of catgirls, I'd have deprived myself of a wonderful experience because of one insignificant aspect of the game.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#48 Feb 07 2013 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,143 posts
Well then.
Skimpy clad female-only pre-teen races whose only sounds is different shades of moaning is no minor issue for me.
Case solved.
#49 Feb 07 2013 at 4:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,602 posts
To be fair, Rinsui, there are far better reasons to dislike TERA Smiley: wink

That post wasn't directed specifically at you, it was a general statement. I was trying to express that judgment based on avatar appearance is ridiculous. You'd see this conversation pop up on every MMO forum ever, where someone complains about male players playing female characters. In some cases, complaining about people playing anything other than a human that resembles the player as closely as possible.

It gets reduced further and further into the ridiculous. But it boils down to people attaching too much meaning to an in-game avatar.

For you, the Elin character model is offensive. For others, Mithra would be. For others, anything non-human. My point is that there's no reason you shouldn't be able to enjoy a game just because of that.

Now TERA's a bad example, because there isn't a whole lot to redeem that game even if it didn't have Elin (or Castanic..? or Popori..?). What if we climb into the wayback machine and look at Everquest? Just a quick perusal of their website shows me a race of lizard-people, a race of giant frogs, and a race of cat-people. If I'm someone who, for instance, finds furries offensive (I'm not, but roll with it) would it be reasonable to disregard that entire game?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#50 Feb 07 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
***
3,610 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Read FilthMcNasty's signature. It's part of a longer discussion about mixing boobs and icecream.
I like both, and I like the latter on the former, but I don't like the former mixed in every single sort of the latter.
I guess you get my drift.


Absolutely. I love boobs and ice cream, but I would never try boobs on rocky road. There are some things you just don't do.

Archmage Callinon wrote:
For instance, if I rejected FFXI because it contained a race of catgirls, I'd have deprived myself of a wonderful experience because of one insignificant aspect of the game.


I made this exact same point in the previous thread about TERA's races. It's similar to the 'Don't call my character a toon' argument. Show a child a screenshot or video of FFXI and ask them if they don't think it's from a cartoon. I wonder sometimes if people actually stop to think that they're playing in fantasy and perhaps that their IRL ideals shouldn't really apply.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#51 Feb 07 2013 at 5:04 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I'm surprised to find people so sensitive about it. If you find Elin too sexy, it's probably a signal that there may be something wrong and you should seek counseling.

As for the global chat, well... it gets the same treatment that it did in FFXI, WoW and any other MMO. Attaching a label on the entire community for the actions of a few bad apples is just as fair in TERA as it is in any game; XI and XIV are no different in this respect.

I'd be inclined to agree that TERA is bland outside of combat, but combat is the focus of the game. That's like saying that an amusement park is pretty bland outside of the roller coasters. Ya think? Smiley: rolleyes


I don't find them sexy personally, what bothers me is being surrounded by a community who does. ped0s play TERA specifically for elin. yes there are bad apples on XI but not that many i would say. if you play elin on TERA and thats why you take offense, don't bother. I know it's not black & white and my friend (girl) who I played with chose elin at first because they're cute.. fact is most men do choose that character for sexual reasons

you guys are comparing elin to tarutaru and mithra but it's bit different when they have constantly exposed their whole naked child bodies, constantly making sexual moans, and provocative poses


and if you play tera, dont play dumb on this matter. its more than just a few bad apples

Edited, Feb 7th 2013 6:13pm by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 156 All times are in CDT