Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Happy Friday!Follow

#1 Nov 09 2012 at 5:55 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
309 posts
No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

#2 Nov 09 2012 at 6:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,224 posts
Embrava nerf.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#3 Nov 09 2012 at 6:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
I'm glad man. SO GLAD. TIME TO GO HOME.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#4 Nov 09 2012 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
521 posts
ScaryTrees wrote:
No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?



Yes... no... maybe.

Edit: Whats the link again for that original topic anyway? Really would like to know!

Edited, Nov 9th 2012 6:43pm by Coconut
____________________________
Rexaru ~ 75BLM SMN COR SCH -Retired-

Busaman the Mighty wrote:

OMFG that sh*t drives me insane...my character is my @#%^ing character damnit, not a 'toon'. Everytime I hear wow lingo I think I'm on a gay porn set:
"OK in this fight basically the toons are gonna tank and spank. hey man stop playing with your twink! How much is a kraken club now? 30 million gold?"
#5 Nov 09 2012 at 7:23 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,592 posts
Ahh the old classics- http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=261&mid=1154383045272627858
____________________________
99 BLM / 99 BRD / 99 MNK / 99 WAR / 95 NPC
#6 Nov 09 2012 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
***
1,020 posts
Sadly, though, one thing that =10 is lacking of late is threads of epic lulz. We've just become too serious business man....
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#7 Nov 09 2012 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,408 posts
Magicalsquirrel wrote:
Sadly, though, one thing that =10 is lacking of late is threads of epic lulz. We've just become too serious business man....

Side effect of an aged game being in a slump. Though, I can't personally say I subscribed to some of the "humor" present in the old days.
#8 Nov 09 2012 at 10:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,539 posts
At least an angry moon isn't about to smash into Vana'diel.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#9 Nov 09 2012 at 10:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
806 posts
catwho wrote:
At least an angry moon isn't about to smash into Vana'diel.

That's no moon...
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

Signature Image
#10 Nov 09 2012 at 11:02 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Seriha wrote:
Magicalsquirrel wrote:
Sadly, though, one thing that =10 is lacking of late is threads of epic lulz. We've just become too serious business man....

Side effect of an aged game being in a slump. Though, I can't personally say I subscribed to some of the "humor" present in the old days.


No it is because you all teamed up and got rid of the drama from =10. You guys white knighted this place into the ground. I told you that you it would kill the forums. I wrote a nice long post about how the trolling you all so loathed was healthy for a forum like this because it kept things lively and provided good entertainment.

But Noooooo. You didn't listen to me. You kept white knighting and the fun drama posts that keep people F5ing have gone.

The Circle jerk did this.

Free Rog!
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#11 Nov 09 2012 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,632 posts
Hey, I resent that. I never stopped posting near entirely useless things.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#12 Nov 10 2012 at 12:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Erecia wrote:
Hey, I resent that. I never stopped posting near entirely useless things.


Useless things don't cause drama. sh*tting up a thread causes drama, some call it trolling, but there is good trolling and bad. Trolling promotes good discussion, it also produces drama. Both of which add to the count of people who retain interest. If there is a good thread that is analyzing things lets say for the sake of a prime example...analyzing RDM melee. A year ago you would have had a flame war, however within that flame war was a solid discussion on mechanics, and situation based circumstance. Or you had the thread where it was all out chaos with mudslinging and name calling the epic page turner that has people F5ing and sniping some +1's before the mod lock.

When was the last solid thread that contained either of those two factors, not in =10...not in the job forums... because the people who contributed to those acts of trolling have left...the people who joined in the discussion are gone. The discussion is gone, and it is because the drama has gone.


____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#13 Nov 10 2012 at 1:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,224 posts
I blame Vlor's sudden onset of courteous defusiveness and obnoxious good-nature.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#14 Nov 10 2012 at 3:09 AM Rating: Good
**
476 posts
Raelix wrote:
I blame Vlor


This?

At least Pikko would join in before it got completely out of hand. (>.>)
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#16 Nov 10 2012 at 10:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,111 posts
Raelix wrote:
I blame Vlor's sudden onset of courteous defusiveness and obnoxious good-nature.


Zelduh wrote:
I blame Rebecca Black for ruining Friday forever


I still blame lolgaxe.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
XIV: ARR linkshell - BASF 2.0
#17 Nov 10 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
You have to take into account that the general user base on here is different than what we had before. What a lot of people "back in the day" would just laugh at and turn the other cheek about, these new people take offense to. With few exceptions, all topics I respond to as far as moderating were in response to one or several post reports on the matter (or direct PMs about the topic).

A lot of new forum members that pop up don't necessarily have a hardened skin when it comes to posting on here. So unfortunately, anything said or done that some of the older members would just laugh about, these new members find offensive and report, or just up and leave. It's just trying to find a happy medium, to keep it pleasant for everyone, and unfortunately I have to be a bit of an @#%^ in the process.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#18 Nov 10 2012 at 12:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
135 posts
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
You have to take into account that the general user base on here is different than what we had before. What a lot of people "back in the day" would just laugh at and turn the other cheek about, these new people take offense to. With few exceptions, all topics I respond to as far as moderating were in response to one or several post reports on the matter (or direct PMs about the topic).

A lot of new forum members that pop up don't necessarily have a hardened skin when it comes to posting on here. So unfortunately, anything said or done that some of the older members would just laugh about, these new members find offensive and report, or just up and leave. It's just trying to find a happy medium, to keep it pleasant for everyone, and unfortunately I have to be a bit of an @#%^ in the process.




OK, but are you sure that is the baqst way to handle things? Ultimately, we should be doing what is baqst for the community as a whole. To be clear, what you should do is unlock and necrobump the hell out of the "Summoner baqst MP?" thread, as it is the best thread that has ever existed. That will kick-start =10 again.
#19 Nov 10 2012 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,020 posts
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
You have to take into account that the general user base on here is different than what we had before. What a lot of people "back in the day" would just laugh at and turn the other cheek about, these new people take offense to. With few exceptions, all topics I respond to as far as moderating were in response to one or several post reports on the matter (or direct PMs about the topic).

A lot of new forum members that pop up don't necessarily have a hardened skin when it comes to posting on here. So unfortunately, anything said or done that some of the older members would just laugh about, these new members find offensive and report, or just up and leave. It's just trying to find a happy medium, to keep it pleasant for everyone, and unfortunately I have to be a bit of an @#%^ in the process.


True. There were posters who were walking lulz factories every time they posted. Ahh, the good old days of =10
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#20 Nov 10 2012 at 3:22 PM Rating: Excellent
CorncobWilly wrote:
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
You have to take into account that the general user base on here is different than what we had before. What a lot of people "back in the day" would just laugh at and turn the other cheek about, these new people take offense to. With few exceptions, all topics I respond to as far as moderating were in response to one or several post reports on the matter (or direct PMs about the topic).

A lot of new forum members that pop up don't necessarily have a hardened skin when it comes to posting on here. So unfortunately, anything said or done that some of the older members would just laugh about, these new members find offensive and report, or just up and leave. It's just trying to find a happy medium, to keep it pleasant for everyone, and unfortunately I have to be a bit of an @#%^ in the process.




OK, but are you sure that is the baqst way to handle things? Ultimately, we should be doing what is baqst for the community as a whole. To be clear, what you should do is unlock and necrobump the hell out of the "Summoner baqst MP?" thread, as it is the best thread that has ever existed. That will kick-start =10 again.


I am willing to let you guys be more open with what you all post, but you just have to be within reason. Don't spam and blatantly troll every new person that posts just because what they posted is a bit different than the usual. I do want everyone to have fun, but not necessarily at the expense of others, since if I'm a Nazi about it I'll have the "veteran" members angry, and if I'm super lenient I'll be losing new members constantly.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#21 Nov 10 2012 at 10:40 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
CorncobWilly wrote:
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
You have to take into account that the general user base on here is different than what we had before. What a lot of people "back in the day" would just laugh at and turn the other cheek about, these new people take offense to. With few exceptions, all topics I respond to as far as moderating were in response to one or several post reports on the matter (or direct PMs about the topic).

A lot of new forum members that pop up don't necessarily have a hardened skin when it comes to posting on here. So unfortunately, anything said or done that some of the older members would just laugh about, these new members find offensive and report, or just up and leave. It's just trying to find a happy medium, to keep it pleasant for everyone, and unfortunately I have to be a bit of an @#%^ in the process.




OK, but are you sure that is the baqst way to handle things? Ultimately, we should be doing what is baqst for the community as a whole. To be clear, what you should do is unlock and necrobump the hell out of the "Summoner baqst MP?" thread, as it is the best thread that has ever existed. That will kick-start =10 again.


I am willing to let you guys be more open with what you all post, but you just have to be within reason. Don't spam and blatantly troll every new person that posts just because what they posted is a bit different than the usual. I do want everyone to have fun, but not necessarily at the expense of others, since if I'm a Nazi about it I'll have the "veteran" members angry, and if I'm super lenient I'll be losing new members constantly.


Its not your fault Vlor. The Circle Jerk did this not you doing your job. I know you remember the dust up. The result was a glaring victory by the cicle jerk. They established that it was ok to be an @#%^, as long as you were an @#%^ to the right people. I even tested this system by trolling Rog and I saw my post rating go from negative to positive. It established the collective, and it was achieved in a series of threads centering around 2 parties calling each other names. Not just one party. It exploded into a discussion on just what is considered bad form. Can anyone click the report button and it becomes bad form.

Not that I wish to rehash a buried issue, just reminding everyone (and introducing people to) the event and scenario that began the downward spiral of the amount of content on the sight, the amount of socializing on the site, and the amount of information exchanged on the site. Ive personally met a lot of good people here, from all sides of the internet ethics divide.

The members that cared already left, they stopped posting because their time was over. You are left with a handful of people who still post here out of habit, loyalty, friendships, post counts, and a pile of new people. Who post their questions, get their answers, and move on, usually to the Wiki, where we all send new folks to learn the game, because of the lack of sh*t posting there is not social aspect to the community. Hell even 10K is more or less dead, and I can't be assed to post in it because I don't give a @#%^ anymore.

I was just answering a dudes question, that was the break point for the forum, its resident sh*t poster is gone and the threads that developed our community with him.
(just like I said would happen.)

I wasn't wishing to raise questions to the strictness (or lack there of) of moderation...just an old troll typing out words remembering the good times.

Edited, Nov 10th 2012 11:43pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#22 Nov 11 2012 at 12:03 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,408 posts
You're putting too much faith in your personal Jesus.

There hasn't been a major content update since Heroes of Abyssea. For a lot of people, the mechanics of the game and their knowledge is more easily accessed than it would've been years ago. You could also see a rise of wikis and utility sites like FFXIAH, that while cross-forum opinion would rank them "lower" than even the community here, it's at least got more going for it than KillingIfrit did. New blood, be it here or solely within the game, simply isn't as common now as it was then.

The very fact your boy also got the boot from BG, a realm far more tolerant of trolling or "handing people their ass" when "justified" should tell you something, too. What you want to sit there and repeatedly call a circle jerk conspiracy was simply society at work. Unsavory elements, when people have the means, are discarded. Perhaps you're afraid you're next? After all, you've conceded to get off on trolling in the past, yourself. Bluntly, Vlor shouldn't get any more lenient and I'll outright say he's handled some situations poorly. "It's the internet!" is no excuse to be an unprovoked jackass while demanding people develop a thicker skin just to roll with you, especially to just roll over and cry foul yourself if someone turns the tables. So, while you might not give a sh*t about the whole high horse, soapbox, "Think of the children!" persona or the like you're probably picking up on in my typing, some of us do and will continue to care. And really, any foothold we gain against what can basically correlated to cyber bullying is precious. Because there's no amount of "humor" worth sending someone off to bed sad and hating the world around them.
#23 Nov 11 2012 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Why praytell would I be next? I have done nothing wrong since I was punished for doing something wrong. I made my apologies and payed my dues. Outside of 1 instance where I was being an idiot I have contributed positively to this community even as a troll. I made my helpful posts, and I derailed some posts.

But that is what community is about. Do you poke fun at your friends because they did something stupid or said something dumb. I like to think of this community as a group of people who enjoy similar things as I do. Perhaps I am wrong in chiding people I consider friends, after all we have been posting with each other for what, 6 or 7 years now. As I said earlier "trolling" is healthy for a community, it provides humor, embarrassment, knowledge, and more importantly post counts (aka community building).

Am I troll, sure, I am an old school troll, you know before trolling became cool. Trolling to me was turning any thread into a RDM melee thread, where great discussion ensued and it began to become more popular, and accepted as more people experimented. We collectively refined the details of how to best optimize our performances to even further the expansion and acceptability of the role. But I suppose that was a bad thing... I mean look at the RDM forums now. Been there lately?

As for Rog being my personal Jesus, maybe he is, maybe I liked talking with that little @#%^. But you know what, he has likely done more for this site than any of us frequent guests, and not in terms or traffic. Im talking about bugs and other sh*t that keep the site healthy, and convenient to use. Did the guy deserve to be banned of course, but that isn't reason to ignore the things he did for the forum we have used for the last 6 or 7 years. I suppose my thought is different because I mark him as one of my friends from this site, and you know maybe he too has paid his time for his crime. But that is not for me to say, that is up to our overlords.

But its ok Seriha, you can be my friend too.
In fact you already are. Smiley: yippee
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#24 Nov 11 2012 at 12:35 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,408 posts
Ack, cooties! :P

Personally, I'm of the mind that if a community is meant to thrive, it will do so with or without a singular individual. This isn't quite like a linkshell/guild/whatever where you have to delegate HR to keep track of rosters and who gets what. People are free to come and go as long as they play nice. And what brings an individual may vary, at the very least, we're here because of Final Fantasy XI. Thus, I believe its state directly reflects the state of any community, even if the OF itself arguably poached a bit of activity in hopes of SE listening to whatever grievance and rare praise.

That said, I do partake in some self-deprecating humor and intentionally set myself up from time to time. Some people bite. Some take it a bit too seriously. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt before jumping onto the, "You're retarded!" bandwagon and the like. And sure I have my facepalm moments, but sometimes I also just hit the back button and move on. Most questions inevitably get answered, and while it sucks seeing some have technical issues we can't resolve, you can at least see people trying.
#25 Nov 11 2012 at 12:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
People have always been trying,

Forums are for people to come and share in a community. What has been absent is the drama, that keeps people posting, people talk more, people see who the regulars are, and they get to feel more comfortable in the community. They know who to laugh at, and who to laugh with.

We all went through that initial giddy phase, you ask some questions, you make some bad posts, you make some good posts, you try to jump in your first flame war...get burned...and come out a member of the community. Welcome in any discussion, as the joke or making the joke. Except we don't have any of those threads anymore. The community doesn't have its sh*t posters. Its why it is stagnant, new posters don't know the battle lines, they don't see regular discussion so they ask questions get answers and then go on there merry way.

That is something Rog did, he kept it active, and it wasn't just him, but he always took the bullet, for a lot of people, he would push it over the edge and take the shot. You can continue to put him down and say he had no influence but when this forum was active, he was active in every thread, answering questions, pushing buttons, creating discussion and drama.

So yes to refute your opening thought, a single person can influence and entire community...it happens all the time, all over the world.

____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#26 Nov 11 2012 at 5:05 AM Rating: Good
Allakhazam was a lot cooler back when I posted a lot. It's not as cool now, and I pretty much never post.

Ergo me stopping posting ruined this place. I'm sorry.

Haha new people. Haha. *point and laugh*
____________________________
Until we meet again... stay gold. *bang*
#27 Nov 11 2012 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,632 posts
Look, the whole benevolent trolling for the good of community vitality argument falls flat on his face when you start saying Rog was a good influence. He wasn't. He was the type of person that would insult someone five times before getting around to even addressing their questions. If that generated a lot of activity, then 90% of it was confusing and outrage that Rog was being such a frickin tool.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#28 Nov 11 2012 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
**
767 posts
So let me get this straight...

Because there is no drama, "because there are no sh*t posters", and because there is no one around to belittle those sh*t posters, this place is worse off?

Thats like, the definition of being an anarchist right there. And who knows, maybe you're one of those people that thinks anarchy and chaos is a "cool" thing... but its certainly not. I, for one, don't need drama, or sh*t posters, of flame wars to be satisfied. Based on the way things went down, a majority of the forum users agree.


And another thing--this isn't some super secret gang, where in order to become a member of the community, you need to have joined a flame war, trolled, and got burned. This is a group of people discussing the ins and outs of a videogame. Nothing more. All you have to do is play the game (not even that really...) to be a member of the community. If you want that kind of excitement, find yourself a local gang to join. They'll probably have some "jump in" process where they get to beat you up for like 10 minutes, in order to officially become a member of the gang. Then you can go out and "troll" the world at large, and see how well that works out for you. :)

I suggest you honestly ask yourself if drama and trolling was good for the forum as a whole, or just good for you. Otherwise, thats just being selfish.


____________________________
--[Lionheartviii]
Balamb Garden
Gilgamesh Server

Quote:
"Take heed of the elemental properties of Vana'diel, my friend. Though, at times, they may seem fickle, their truths shall be uncovered by the one champion who places his faith in them. Only then can the warrior's absolute purity be revealed. And only then, will his virtues shine forth, opening the blind eyes of the denizens of this world."
--Arnau, messenger of Altana
#29 Nov 11 2012 at 3:01 PM Rating: Default
*
135 posts

Baqst, I say!


BAQST!


#30 Nov 11 2012 at 4:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,141 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Its not your fault Vlor. The Circle Jerk did this not you doing your job. I know you remember the dust up. The result was a glaring victory by the cicle jerk. They established that it was ok to be an @#%^, as long as you were an @#%^ to the right people. I even tested this system by trolling Rog and I saw my post rating go from negative to positive. It established the collective, and it was achieved in a series of threads centering around 2 parties calling each other names. Not just one party. It exploded into a discussion on just what is considered bad form. Can anyone click the report button and it becomes bad form.

Not that I wish to rehash a buried issue, just reminding everyone (and introducing people to) the event and scenario that began the downward spiral of the amount of content on the sight, the amount of socializing on the site, and the amount of information exchanged on the site. Ive personally met a lot of good people here, from all sides of the internet ethics divide.

The members that cared already left, they stopped posting because their time was over. You are left with a handful of people who still post here out of habit, loyalty, friendships, post counts, and a pile of new people. Who post their questions, get their answers, and move on, usually to the Wiki, where we all send new folks to learn the game, because of the lack of sh*t posting there is not social aspect to the community. Hell even 10K is more or less dead, and I can't be assed to post in it because I don't give a @#%^ anymore.

I was just answering a dudes question, that was the break point for the forum, its resident sh*t poster is gone and the threads that developed our community with him.
(just like I said would happen.)

I wasn't wishing to raise questions to the strictness (or lack there of) of moderation...just an old troll typing out words remembering the good times.


Cheer up.

For some people it truly is the end of the world...

____________________________
.
#31 Nov 11 2012 at 4:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,539 posts
The saddest thing about last night was that the servers were so unstable half the people couldn't even participate in the final battle.

I made it back in around 2AM and valiently fought with a team to get to the elite squadron at the center of Casa Nostrum, but my server was so R0-ey that we just didn't have the numbers to defeat the Empire. Smiley: frown
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#32 Nov 11 2012 at 4:59 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Lionheartviii wrote:
So let me get this straight...

Because there is no drama, "because there are no sh*t posters", and because there is no one around to belittle those sh*t posters, this place is worse off?



No I said because there is no sh*t posters this place is worse off. There are no threads that live long enough to create discussion that builds community. sh*t posters create that type of content. Perhaps you don't know what a sh*t poster is I dunno. Sounds to me you think a sh*t poster is one who asks questions, which couldn't be further from the definition, a sh*t poster is someone who provides a let me google that for you link than tells a person "that was hard" or "you're an idiot" a poster who will approach the situation with sarcasm and smugness. That is a sh*t poster. Then again a troll isn't really a troll these days either...@#%^ing neo-web.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#33 Nov 12 2012 at 2:21 AM Rating: Good
**
767 posts
Quote:
Lionheartviii wrote:
So let me get this straight...

Because there is no drama, "because there are no sh*t posters", and because there is no one around to belittle those sh*t posters, this place is worse off?


No I said because there is no sh*t posters this place is worse off.


What? I just said that's what you said. o_0

Also, dunno where you deduced that I think I think anyone who asks questions is a sh*t poster. He'll, I've asked plenty of questions around here before... never said anything like that. My definition of a sh*t poster would be someone where the forum would just be better off if they didnt post at all.

And, are you saying that threads that are healthy for the community come around less often because there are no sh*t posters anymore? Because that just sounds like... backwards logic to me. *shrug*
____________________________
--[Lionheartviii]
Balamb Garden
Gilgamesh Server

Quote:
"Take heed of the elemental properties of Vana'diel, my friend. Though, at times, they may seem fickle, their truths shall be uncovered by the one champion who places his faith in them. Only then can the warrior's absolute purity be revealed. And only then, will his virtues shine forth, opening the blind eyes of the denizens of this world."
--Arnau, messenger of Altana
#34 Nov 12 2012 at 7:51 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Lionheartviii wrote:
[quote]
And, are you saying that threads that are healthy for the community come around less often because there are no sh*t posters anymore? Because that just sounds like... backwards logic to me. *shrug*


That is exactly what I am saying. sh*t posting keeps forums healthy. I mean who is the white knight circle jerk supposed to crusade against without their sh*t posters? They don't have anyone so they go to the drama fueled official forums so they can be internet forum heroes there.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#35 Nov 12 2012 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
*
135 posts

If I may, I think this thread illustrates perfectly what the "problem" is. The OP was a silly, whimsical, Happy Friday thread meant to give us all a little chuckle and perhaps spur some funny responses. It instantly deteriorated into whining, arguing, and finger-pointing. WTF? Lighten up, people! Smile...it won't hurt!

#36 Nov 12 2012 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,020 posts
No, the OP posted a snippet from one of the most meme'd and epic lulz threads on this board, someone remarked that =10 had a marked lack of such threads lately and that the forum had become serious business, and it went from there.
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#37 Nov 12 2012 at 12:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Lionheartviii wrote:
So let me get this straight...

Because there is no drama, "because there are no sh*t posters", and because there is no one around to belittle those sh*t posters, this place is worse off?



No I said because there is no sh*t posters this place is worse off.


Hey how dare you count me out of that equation!

RDM!!
____________________________
Carbuncle


#38 Nov 12 2012 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
**
973 posts
As for the moon, I am very tempted to splice in footage of Fifth Element's ending fending it off and saving the planet.
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#39 Nov 12 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,408 posts
So chilly.
#40 Nov 12 2012 at 2:06 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
644 posts
I'd say that the PUP forum here used to be one of the more lively and informative forums. Jinte and everyone else including Vlor schooling Zelduh on a daily basis made for good lulz and also provided some Excellent Information/Debate.

Zaolin* comes in threatens ban hammer and poof forum death. Did it get out of hand in there sure , were there Hard #'s discussion while it was out of hand Yes. Is there any real discussion there now No.

If the White Knights are right then where are they now? Lurking in the shadows waiting to dispense justice? I don't know where they are now that evil has been defeated but they aren't here promoting discussion and debate as it relates to FFXI. You White Knights saved Alla now you've abandoned it.

Edited, Nov 12th 2012 2:08pm by Dalans
____________________________
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!


Wint wrote:
You know, I can click the rate down button more than once Smiley: motz


>>>--Justice-->
#41 Nov 12 2012 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,408 posts
More people will talk FFXI when FFXI has new stuff to talk about. Difficult concept, I know. Asylum's that way if you must thrive on unrelated jabber.

Signed,
One of those White Knights
#42 Nov 12 2012 at 3:33 PM Rating: Default
****
4,719 posts
Not by a wide enough margin. Difficult concept, I know.
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#43Dalans, Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 4:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) How many New Posts from a New Player sit unanswered for days if not weeks due to the White Knights efforts to rid the community of evil. Evil has been removed so now fill the void you have created and look into places other than =10. Though I believe we are a year too late.
#44 Nov 12 2012 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,539 posts
Dalans wrote:
How many New Posts from a New Player sit unanswered for days if not weeks due to the White Knights efforts to rid the community of evil. Evil has been removed so now fill the void you have created and look into places other than =10. Though I believe we are a year too late.


Er.... the only new posts that generally go unanswered are spam. I and many others make an effort to reply to genuine questions, even if the answer is not much more than "check the stickies."
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#46 Nov 12 2012 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
****
4,719 posts
The problem isn't that they go unanswered, it's just that they don't become lasting members.
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#47 Nov 12 2012 at 5:26 PM Rating: Excellent
**
697 posts
Did someone call for FifthElement?
____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
R.I.P. Cindy 2.26.56 - 4.18.13
~She made a difference~
#48 Nov 12 2012 at 6:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Dalans wrote:
How many New Posts from a New Player sit unanswered for days if not weeks due to the White Knights efforts to rid the community of evil. Evil has been removed so now fill the void you have created and look into places other than =10. Though I believe we are a year too late.


About 1 hour?

Almost every new post is answered soon. I certainly try to.

I wish there were less 500 post people though calling out those of us who have actually answered a lot of this posts. That's where the real White Knighting (aka d-baggery) has happened.

Or..."Hay guyz can we go back to 6 person parties with 200 exp/hour!!? cuz the game is so EZ mode now, that's why I'm still level 50 OMG!!!!11"
____________________________
Carbuncle


#49 Nov 12 2012 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Jack of All Trades
******
29,006 posts
can keep my account but goto xbox 360
#50 Nov 12 2012 at 11:07 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
Seriha wrote:
More people will talk FFXI when FFXI has new stuff to talk about. Difficult concept, I know. Asylum's that way if you must thrive on unrelated jabber.

Signed,
One of those White Knights


Its not about talking about FFXI, in case you have not noticed there has been lots of FFXI talk in the last while. All in =10. What there has not been is community building threads. Threads which suffice it to say tend to be drama filled, and deeper discussion threads.

Signed,
Anti Circle Jerk.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#51 Nov 12 2012 at 11:20 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
catwho wrote:
Dalans wrote:
How many New Posts from a New Player sit unanswered for days if not weeks due to the White Knights efforts to rid the community of evil. Evil has been removed so now fill the void you have created and look into places other than =10. Though I believe we are a year too late.


Er.... the only new posts that generally go unanswered are spam. I and many others make an effort to reply to genuine questions, even if the answer is not much more than "check the stickies."


This is pretty much accurate. Questions are answered, you can review the history by looking back several pages. The issue is that once the question is answered there is nothing really for these people to post about, until they have another question. They lack the knowledge to help others (because knowledge building threads are non existent, because everyone just links a wiki). so they can't answer questions, they don't have the "street" knowledge of how this community accepts people, (because there are no community building threads, be they drama or discussions.)

This forum dies because we don't have sh*t posters. Those select few who are able to rile people up and create community. Sadly it will be up to the new people to build their community, how they want it, and neither the circle jerk, nor anti circle jerk should have any say. But we should also not be so quick to slap new posters hands who want to try and fit in, and build their community. Everyone should grow a little thicker skin, and let the new posters feel the site out. Instead of telling them how to fit in, we should let them grow to fit in.

I dunno I don't think you can build community by dictating, the atmosphere discourages new posters from feeling out the place through good posting and sh*t posting, and joining our community, or developing their own. It is because of us old word slingers that this site dies, well not because of me...I don't give a @#%^, Ill post here regardless. Im just saying.


____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 97 All times are in CDT
Belcrono, Demoncard, Meldi, Tahlreth, TrenchTMK, Anonymous Guests (92)