Let's take a step back from the mediocre drop rates for a moment and look at the things that you've seen your alliance members do, the things that literally make you face-palm. Feel free to add your own observations and experiences.
1. Blue Mages that do not use Bilgestorm, even during White !! lock.
25% Attack Down / Defense Down / Accuracy Down - Stronger than Angon and Tachi: Ageha. Impossible to resist with Efflux and Chain Affinity AND can be cast even if spells have been recently changed and are resetting, use it.
2. Scholar and /Scholar not having all Helix spells.
There's no god damn excuse, the spells are gotten from an NPC. I've seen this happen too many times.
3. Ninjas missing "San" spells.
Given how much EXP/Limit Points you get per fight... again, no excuse.
3. Ninjas forgetting Enfeebling Ninja Tools.
Mog Satchel and Mog Sack are there for a reason.
4. Red Mages missing Bio III, Slow II, Paralyze II, Dia III, Blind II.
See point 3.
5. Front line jobs spamming their strongest weapon skills when they could be getting a 3 or 5 proc.
Ukko's Fury is strong and all that jazz, but you can't spam it when you run out of Temporary Items and you end up dead. Stop swinging your E-Peen and get a proc weapon out if it appears. Dragoons seem to forget that they have access to every single Staff proc to save mages risking getting hurt.
6. Front line jobs not having Fanatic's Drink, Fool's Drink, and Cleric's Drink macros.
Cleric's Drink is a lifesaver in some fights like Kaggen or Gaunab when your front line needs that strong Bio removing fast. Save yourself 5-10 seconds of rummaging though your Temporary Items and just macro it.
7. Alliance leaders shouting for a group and not having the Abyssite to pop themselves.
8. Corsair that still use Miser's Roll.
Not worth using anymore guys, Chaos Roll says "Hi".
9. Weapon Bash, Tomahawk, Angon, Bounty Shot, and Blade Bash not being saved incase it shows up as a 1 or 3 proc later on in the battle.
Speaks for itself.
10. People not clearing the Pyxis after a successful kill.
MAJOR peeve of mine, spend 1-2 minutes killing Qilin... spend 4-5 minutes waiting for Pyxis to be emptied.
11. Boasting about "Finally" getting the rarest drop.
Congrats, now stop yelling about it - it makes you sound like a douchebag.
12. Putting "Emp DD ONLY" in a party shout.
Numerous jobs actually have better options available. OaT Great Sword and OaT Polearm are great examples of this. TP Bonus Great Katana is another. I'd rather have a non-emp front line job that knows his procs and gets them fast rather than some EMP Dark Knight who just spams Torcleaver over and over.
While we're here, shouting for a Corsair to have Armageddon (Although he has Bedlam+2) or no invite is @#%^ing stupid.
Edited, Apr 16th 2012 11:20am by Tatham